Red CPU led

yourasianeye

I am researching since 2 hours and every method didnt worked for me. I checked every cable, removed the battery and put it back, reinstall the cpu, reinstall the RAM, clear CLR_CMOS, switch the powersupply on and off while holding the front panel power switch...

At this point I dont know what to do, maybe i missed something. Pls help me.

System specs:

AMD Ryzen 5 3400g

Sapphire RX 570 Nitro+ 8GB

Be quiet 400 w

Gigabyte Aourus b450m

Aegis G.Skill 16GB 3000mhz 16cl

500GB SSD

1TB HDD

IMG-20210128-WA0079.jpeg

Agree to above. If the board has been sitting around a bit before you purchased it, it may not have come with a BIOS that supports your processor, even if the board itself does. Many times they will put a sticker on the box that says something like Ryzen 3000 (or 5000 now) ready or some such if it shipped with the newer BIOS.

If that's the case you will need an older Ryzen CPU to update the BIOS.

4 hours ago, Flannelist said:

Agree to above. If the board has been sitting around a bit before you purchased it, it may not have come with a BIOS that supports your processor, even if the board itself does. Many times they will put a sticker on the box that says something like Ryzen 3000 (or 5000 now) ready or some such if it shipped with the newer BIOS.

If that's the case you will need an older Ryzen CPU to update the BIOS.

I already have the latest BIOS update for the motherboard and it just worked out of the box with ryzen 3000. One note to the red cpu light: it just shutdown while i was playing and now it's in the red cpu error.

21 minutes ago, yourasianeye said:

I already have the latest BIOS update for the motherboard and it just worked out of the box with ryzen 3000. One note to the red cpu light: it just shutdown while i was playing and now it's in the red cpu error.

So it works sometimes, but then shuts off to this? I was thinking it hadn't POSTed at all. is it a new build? or it's something you've had for a while and it's a new problem.

1 hour ago, yourasianeye said:

it just worked out of the box with ryzen 3000.

My 570 had the 3000 series ready, turns out it was only for the first released ones and not a 3200g. Don't trust stickers. 

Proud owner of a custom water cooled Ryzen 1400. 5800x  

15 hours ago, Flannelist said:

So it works sometimes, but then shuts off to this? I was thinking it hadn't POSTed at all. is it a new build? or it's something you've had for a while and it's a new problem.

The PC I had built in October last year. This problem is new. Before it worked perfectly fine to me

20 hours ago, yourasianeye said:

I am researching since 2 hours and every method didnt worked for me. I checked every cable, removed the battery and put it back, reinstall the cpu, reinstall the RAM, clear CLR_CMOS, switch the powersupply on and off while holding the front panel power switch...

At this point I dont know what to do, maybe i missed something. Pls help me.

System specs:

AMD Ryzen 5 3400g

Sapphire RX 570 Nitro+ 8GB

Be quiet 400 w

Gigabyte Aourus b450m

Aegis G.Skill 16GB 3000mhz 16cl

500GB SSD

1TB HDD

IMG-20210128-WA0079.jpeg

UPDATE:

I wanted to see if my motherboard is damaged or so and didnt really found something but suddenly I removed the heatspreader for the M.2 SSD and look what i found:

There is that (I don't really know what that is) ECAU2 chip that seems to have burnt put or something. I dont really know. But I am sure that that is no paint. But my question is: is it really because of that chip that the red CPU light is on?

20210129_140357.thumb.jpg.57b20700d830f9f8c63d40e398bc6ebd.jpg

20210129_140349.jpg

20 minutes ago, yourasianeye said:

I wanted to see if my motherboard is damaged or so and didnt really found something but suddenly I removed the heatspreader for the M.2 SSD and look what i found:

There is that (I don't really know what that is) ECAU2 chip that seems to have burnt put or something. I dont really know. But I am sure that that is no paint. But my question is: is it really because of that chip that the red CPU light is on?

At this point, if the machine was working for some time and then started doing this, and you've tried clearing CMOS and you're still getting this issue persistently I would think something is not working properly with or without the new information.

And I am no expert on damaged chips, but if that IC is in fact damaged, it could definitely keep your board from POSTing. It looks like it might have melted? I don't see burn marks on the leads leads into the board from the picture, but either way, I would also be suspect. I would try and RMA the board if it's under warranty.