high cpu usage

hirushaadi
Go to solution Solved by SkilledRebuilds,

What are YOUR concerns?

Applications hardly EVER use all cores to do a task, literally hardly to never...for simple apps,...Browsers/Windows Tasks/File Exploring and Background Windows tasks, they don't skyrocket Usage on all cores at all...

It's not even HighCPU usage, it's only one core at Max, not any more of them... and likely just a Windows resource being activated and tasked with something...

This is likely typical/normal as Windows keeps track of many things on your system and without any further info on what you were doing, apps loaded at the time and all that valuable info to diagnose... it's too hard to say whether it's nefarious or just typical behavior.

I just don't see anything wrong here... It's likely just a Windows task being tasked at the time.. you said it stopped... so it's done with...
It may happen again, it's likely its just a background task for Windows.

CPU : i5 10400

GPU : gtx 1650 super (not the latest drivers)

2114360046_2021-01-2723_34_36-TaskManager.png.a50049719f289f412f45eebb810fd40e.png

it was only using one core, 1804582262_2021-01-2723_35_36-CreateNewTopic-LinusTechTips.thumb.png.c73a2433eb51e1b031491cb26a10c3e8.png

while writing this, this stopped, how can i prevent it from happening again? 

this is my storage, i will be buying a hdd asap and copying the files (downloads and projects i have done here to it, so this will be free) -

1659384374_2021-01-2723_36_59-ThisPC.png.62680077200d9e873c06735b5419b2c7.png

hey! i know to use a computer

What are YOUR concerns?

Applications hardly EVER use all cores to do a task, literally hardly to never...for simple apps,...Browsers/Windows Tasks/File Exploring and Background Windows tasks, they don't skyrocket Usage on all cores at all...

It's not even HighCPU usage, it's only one core at Max, not any more of them... and likely just a Windows resource being activated and tasked with something...

This is likely typical/normal as Windows keeps track of many things on your system and without any further info on what you were doing, apps loaded at the time and all that valuable info to diagnose... it's too hard to say whether it's nefarious or just typical behavior.

I just don't see anything wrong here... It's likely just a Windows task being tasked at the time.. you said it stopped... so it's done with...
It may happen again, it's likely its just a background task for Windows.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz