PC Build

gravdestroyer

Budget (including currency): NZD 3000 (somewhat flexible)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Streaming, Gaming, YouTube content creation.

I just revised my PC Build and wanted some advice. I upgraded to a 3070, got a b550 with WIFI, changed to a EVGA 650W 80+ gold and added a CRYORIG H5 Ultimate. The RAM is 3200Mhz. Main uses will be streaming, gaming and content creation (Youtube). ALL PRICES IN NZD.

PC Build.png

Acer Predator Helios 500

8th Gen Intel Core i7 8750H

Nvidia Geforce GTX 1070 8GB (Mobile)

16GB DDR4 SDRAM

1TB Hard Drive

256 GB Solid State Drive

Processor Speed 2.20 GHz

Wireless LAN Standard IEEE 802.11ac

Screen Resolution 1920 × 1080

Operating System: Windows 10 Home

5 minutes ago, gravdestroyer said:

Budget (including currency): NZD 3000 (somewhat flexible)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Streaming, Gaming, YouTube content creation.

I just revised my PC Build and wanted some advice. I upgraded to a 3070, got a b550 with WIFI, changed to a EVGA 80+ gold and added a CRYORIG H5 Ultimate. The main use will be streaming, gaming and content creation (Youtube). ALL PRICES IN NZD.

PC Build.png

Yeah that looks like a really balanced system. I only two questions, how many watts is the PSU rated for and what is the speed of the ram?

PSU is 650W and RAM is 3200Mhz.

Acer Predator Helios 500

8th Gen Intel Core i7 8750H

Nvidia Geforce GTX 1070 8GB (Mobile)

16GB DDR4 SDRAM

1TB Hard Drive

256 GB Solid State Drive

Processor Speed 2.20 GHz

Wireless LAN Standard IEEE 802.11ac

Screen Resolution 1920 × 1080

Operating System: Windows 10 Home

I'm not gonna comment on prices, since I genuinely don't know the conversion rates. I'm not a huge fan of those Gigabyte boards, software is bad and with my experience, their QC isn't amazing. An ASUS TUF wifi board should be about the same price, and I tend to trust their quality better than Gigabyte's. I'd also upgrade the memory to a kit of 3600MHz, as long as it's within $20 USD (again, not sure of conversion rates, probably somewhere around 40 NZD?). A 650w would be fine, but I would probably up that to an 850w so you can upgrade down the road to a 3080 or 4080 when they come out go down in price.