i recently assembled the below system :

5900x

Asus b550f Mobo

Corsair 16gb*2 @3600mhz(XMP) CL18

Kraken X63 AIO

RTX 3080FE

Corsair RM750x PSU

Lian Li 215 Case

my cpu in ryzen master always shows voltage fluctuating between 1.39V to 1.46V, My temps fluctuate between 46 to 51 Deg Celsius and  my clock speed from 1ghz to 3.6ghz.

i don't know if this is normal or what can i do to avoid such massive fluctuation.

can someone please help me understand this and guide me what i should do ? 

i come from an intel 6700K and have no experience of overclocking.

appreciate some help on this.

I upgraded from an i7-7700 to a 3900XT so I get the confusion! First of all, install AMD's chipset drivers (search for B550 chipset drivers). Then set your power plan to Ryzen Balanced or Ryzen High Performance. In your BIOS, enable DOCP for your memory (AMD version of XMP). You can also enable PBO and Performance Enhancement, but I would test the CPU at stock first. Double check that your voltage/core ratio is set to auto for now (you can manual overclock if you'd like later).

56 minutes ago, rmgdnz said:

I upgraded from an i7-7700 to a 3900XT so I get the confusion! First of all, install AMD's chipset drivers (search for B550 chipset drivers). Then set your power plan to Ryzen Balanced or Ryzen High Performance. In your BIOS, enable DOCP for your memory (AMD version of XMP). You can also enable PBO and Performance Enhancement, but I would test the CPU at stock first. Double check that your voltage/core ratio is set to auto for now (you can manual overclock if you'd like later).

how do you change the AMD Power plan ? i downloaded all the Chipset drivers, enabled the DOCP and PBO and also performance enhancement. voltage core ratio is set to auto.

My voltages stays above 1.4V and the clock speed in Ryzen master shows 1.3 to 2.6 Ghz fluctuating. also my temps too from 45 to 60 on idle

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/27/2021 at 1:13 AM, Psybronik said:

how do you change the AMD Power plan ? i downloaded all the Chipset drivers, enabled the DOCP and PBO and also performance enhancement. voltage core ratio is set to auto.

My voltages stays above 1.4V and the clock speed in Ryzen master shows 1.3 to 2.6 Ghz fluctuating. also my temps too from 45 to 60 on idle

I hope you figured it out but if not, check your bios to see if cool'n'quiet or whatever it's called nowadays on your particular motherboard is enabled, that may be causing the downclocking. For your power plan, click the windows button and search for "power plan" until you get to the control panel settings and change your plan to AMD Ryzen Balanced or High Performance.

On 2/17/2021 at 6:22 AM, rmgdnz said:

I hope you figured it out but if not, check your bios to see if cool'n'quiet or whatever it's called nowadays on your particular motherboard is enabled, that may be causing the downclocking. For your power plan, click the windows button and search for "power plan" until you get to the control panel settings and change your plan to AMD Ryzen Balanced or High Performance.

AMD has removed all the options you mentioned in the new BIOS 😞