Help!

DragonKarma

I am new to PC building and im going to upgrade my build with a 3080 and an i7-10700k. Im not sure if there will be bottlenecking going on

If there is i want to upgrade to a i9-10900k but i dont want to waste an additional 100$ for no reason

Im sure there will be some bottleneck but will it be to the point where the i9 is worth buying

19 minutes ago, DragonKarma said:

I am new to PC building and im going to upgrade my build with a 3080 and an i7-10700k. Im not sure if there will be bottlenecking going on

If there is i want to upgrade to a i9-10900k but i dont want to waste an additional 100$ for no reason

Im sure there will be some bottleneck but will it be to the point where the i9 is worth buying

I personally don't think the i9 is worth it. From looking at reviews it depends on the game. Sometimes the i7 does better other times the i9 does better. Usually around a 1-5% different so not really worth the $100 difference.

-> Moved to New Builds and Planning

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

8 hours ago, DragonKarma said:

The i7 won't bottleneck. If you want a cheaper CPU you could go for a Ryzen 5 5600x, its faster in gaming and if its in stock its alot cheaper

geometry is hard
b550 > x570