Mass External Drive Storage

thebagsman

I manage the footage for a corporate video company and I am trying to create a better system for storing and cataloguing our external drives that act as backups for our footage.  So far I can't find any furniture designed to hold a large amount of hard drives.  While I could just use a filing cabinet or something I would like to use something where the labels on the drives are clearly visible making it easy for someone to find what they are looking for.  Any suggestions?

Gaming/Editing PC

Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z370-E CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K Cooler: EVGA CLC 240 GPU: Asus Dual Edition RTX 2070 Super OC RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB @ 3000 MHz PSU: Corsair HX650 Case: Fractal Design Meshify-C White

You could opt for a NAS which isn't exactly the same but accomplishes the same goal and is more accessible.

1 minute ago, NutronSe7en said:

You could opt for a NAS which isn't exactly the same but accomplishes the same goal and is more accessible.

We have both a NAS and a Vault.  These external drives act as a physical backup for what is on our server.  They aren't often needed but it does happen.

Gaming/Editing PC

Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z370-E CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K Cooler: EVGA CLC 240 GPU: Asus Dual Edition RTX 2070 Super OC RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB @ 3000 MHz PSU: Corsair HX650 Case: Fractal Design Meshify-C White

Just now, thebagsman said:

We have both a NAS and a Vault.  These external drives act as a physical backup for what is on our server.  They aren't often needed but it does happen.

Oh I understand you now, as far as I am aware a system like that doesn't exist at least not a mass produced version but there may be a 3D printed design that accomplishes that goal.

1 minute ago, NutronSe7en said:

Oh I understand you now, as far as I am aware a system like that doesn't exist at least not a mass produced version but there may be a 3D printed design that accomplishes that goal.

Ya a lot of what I have found has been custom furniture, often wood.  

Gaming/Editing PC

1 minute ago, thebagsman said:

Ya a lot of what I have found has been custom furniture, often wood.  

sounds about right, good luck in the rest of your search