Must be administrator error PLEASE HELP!

Legitrr

Hello everyone, i am having a problem trying to install windows on my usb, every time i try to download it it says "must be administrator" can anyone help with this?

1 minute ago, Grand Admiral Thrawn said:

Can you elaborate on download? Media Creation Tool USB maker or ISO?

I trying to download windows 10 for my new pc, and when i download it from my other laptop it says, "sign in as an administrator, to use this tool, you must be signed in to Windows using an administrator account"

4 minutes ago, Legitrr said:

I trying to download windows 10 for my new pc, and when i download it from my other laptop it says, "sign in as an administrator, to use this tool, you must be signed in to Windows using an administrator account"

Use the Windows 10 Media Creation tool.

elephants

4 minutes ago, Grand Admiral Thrawn said:

Right click on the tool and choose Run as administrator.

still doesnt work 😕

6 minutes ago, ragnarok0273 said:

how do i do that??

3 minutes ago, Legitrr said:

how do i do that??

You do have admin access to that machine, right? Is it your computer? 

Just now, Applefreak said:

You do have admin access to that machine, right? Is it your computer? 

yeah its my computer

Just now, Grand Admiral Thrawn said:

What 'tool' are you using right now?

trying to install Windows 10 on my usb

12 minutes ago, ragnarok0273 said:

that's what im using

Just now, Legitrr said:

yeah its my computer

I believe you are trying to install windows onto the usb drive instead of a hdd. That does not work inside windows unless you have an enterprise key. You will have to use third party tools to accomplish that with windows 10. It did work on windows 7 and 8 but that feature has now been reserved for enterprise use only.

1 minute ago, ragnarok0273 said:

Put in your admin password.

the thing is i dont have admin and i have 0 clue on how to get it.

1 minute ago, Applefreak said:

I believe you are trying to install windows onto the usb drive instead of a hdd. That does not work inside windows unless you have an enterprise key. You will have to use third party tools to accomplish that with windows 10. It did work on windows 7 and 8 but that feature has now been reserved for enterprise use only.

im trying to transfer it from my usb to my other pc.

1 minute ago, Legitrr said:

im trying to transfer it from my usb to my other pc.

So wait, it is your computer but you cannot remember the password to log into the admin account? That does not make any sense to me. You won't need admin rights to move folders unless they are protected, in which case you are not the owner unless. If you were you could overwrite the file permissions. Why transfer a windows installation from a usb drive to a hard drive in the first place. Please give a more precise description on what is where and what needs to be done so that we can figure out how to help you. 

1 minute ago, Applefreak said:

So wait, it is your computer but you cannot remember the password to log into the admin account? That does not make any sense to me. You won't need admin rights to move folders unless they are protected, in which case you are not the owner unless. If you were you could overwrite the file permissions. Why transfer a windows installation from a usb drive to a hard drive in the first place. Please give a more precise description on what is where and what needs to be done so that we can figure out how to help you. 

ok let me simplyfi this, i built a new pc and i need windows, so i got my laptop and tried to install it on my USB drive, but everytime i tried it said i needed to be admin so i have no clue on how to create an admin account or anything like that.

1 minute ago, Legitrr said:

ok let me simplyfi this, i built a new pc and i need windows, so i got my laptop and tried to install it on my USB drive, but everytime i tried it said i needed to be admin so i have no clue on how to create an admin account or anything like that.

Right, you want to create a usb boot drive onto your usb using the Windows Media Creation Tool 

Do not install windows onto the usb, you want to just create the drive then plug it into your new computer and then select an empty drive for it to install onto.

8 minutes ago, Applefreak said:

Right, you want to create a usb boot drive onto your usb using the Windows Media Creation Tool 

Do not install windows onto the usb, you want to just create the drive then plug it into your new computer and then select an empty drive for it to install onto.

im just trying to get windows on my new pc and its not letting me

7 minutes ago, Legitrr said:

im just trying to get windows on my new pc and its not letting me

I still don't get it. Why not not log into the admin account to begin with if it is your computer / laptop? That way you can just hit ok and go on with it.

-> Moved to Windows

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv