Camera recommendations size/quality.

TB-303

Hi I am looking into getting a camera to use whilst travelling which takes excellent pictures whilst retaining a fairly small form factor.

Im looking to take better than average looking photos but don't have much experience with photogaphy so any extras features aern't really of interest to me.

I was looking at the Canon EOS M, which seems to fit the bill but if anyone has any othe recommendations of similarly priced products that have the quality/size ratio then please let me know, thanks.

I would recommend the EOS M, if it's autofocus wasn't so terrible.

If it's the size that matters, then DSLRs are not an option? They're not too bulky for travelling (but won't fit in the pockets of jackets, pants etc.).

If it really needs to be tiny, then would the Sony DSC RX-100 do? Can't recommend any mirrorless interchangeable lens cameras, as I don't know much about that front.

Though can you say a budget? It would help with recommending good cameras for you.

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

I would recommend the EOS M, if it's autofocus wasn't so terrible.

If it's the size that matters, then DSLRs are not an option? They're not too bulky for travelling (but won't fit in the pockets of jackets, pants etc.).

If it really needs to be tiny, then would the Sony DSC RX-100 do? Can't recommend any mirrorless interchangeable lens cameras, as I don't know much about that front.

Though can you say a budget? It would help with recommending good cameras for you.

Hi thanks for that. The Sony camera looks great, just the sort of thing Im looking for. My budget is around £500 so I am prepared so spend a fait bit of money.

Im looking for something thats as easy to use as a point and shoot with that little extra quality. Any other recommendations are welcome, cheers!