Wireless Mechanical Keyboard with Multi-Device support

Hi everyone,

Been searching a while for something like this, especially because of work from home, but it seems that I cant find any keyboard with the specs I want

If anyone knows of any niche keyboard maker that makes a wireless mechanical keyboard with multi device support, please let me know!

Edit:

• Wireless (with type C charging)
  • Mechanical keyboard (red linear switches)
  • Multi Device (3 devices)
  • Full size 104 (Use too much excel, cant live without numpad!)
  • Dedicated Media Keys
  • Lighting doesn't matter

oh yeah.. if it was a 104 full sized keyboard that'd be even better... 

Is it just me or is there anyone else looking for a keyboard like this? 🤨

43 minutes ago, Cyanic Sonic said:

oh yeah.. if it was a 104 full sized keyboard that'd be even better... 

Is it just me or is there anyone else looking for a keyboard like this? 🤨

Off the top of my head Keychron is one brand that make full size wireless board with multiple device support.

Big boi caveiat: Im not a native English user, i can totally bottled up the meaning of the words
A kid with a dream
thank you :D 

2 hours ago, Cyanic Sonic said:

Hi everyone,

Been searching a while for something like this, especially because of work from home, but it seems that I cant find any keyboard with the specs I want

If anyone knows of any niche keyboard maker that makes a wireless mechanical keyboard with multi device support, please let me know!

Logitech  g951 or g613

Have two keyboards that cover those requirements. As per Omar's comment. 

Logitech G613

https://www.logitechg.com/en-au/products/gaming-keyboards/g613-wireless-mechanical-gaming-keyboard.920-008402.html

Logitech G915

https://www.logitechg.com/en-au/products/gaming-keyboards/g915-low-profile-wireless-mechanical-gaming-keyboard.html

Both are good keyboards. The G613 is much larger overall. Also with the G915 you have a choice of switches and whether you want full sized or TKL. 

Both support switching between Logitech's Light Speed Wireless and Bluetooth. 

On 1/25/2021 at 10:48 PM, ProBottler said:

Off the top of my head Keychron is one brand that make full size wireless board with multiple device support.

Thanks man!

How apt that Short Circuit posted a video on their V2 after this thread hahaha

3 hours ago, DogKnight said:

Logitech G613

https://www.logitechg.com/en-au/products/gaming-keyboards/g613-wireless-mechanical-gaming-keyboard.920-008402.html

Logitech G915

https://www.logitechg.com/en-au/products/gaming-keyboards/g915-low-profile-wireless-mechanical-gaming-keyboard.html

Both are good keyboards. The G613 is much larger overall. Also with the G915 you have a choice of switches and whether you want full sized or TKL. 

Thanks Omar and Dogknight! I'll check these out.

Have you guys personally used it though? Would like to get some feedback on its usability

3 hours ago, DogKnight said:

Logitech G613

Logitech G915

+1 for Logitech G915.

I pretty much had your exact same set of requirements @Cyanic Sonic I've got the TLK G915 with brown switches. Been using it for a good 6 months now and love it. I'm fond of low profile laptop/Mac style keyboards for typing on but wanted mechanical for gaming, wireless to keep my desk tidy and ability to connect to both my PC and work laptop. 

I use Lightspeed for connecting to my PC and Bluetooth for connecting to my work laptop. Buttons along the top make it easy to flick between the two. Alternatively you can use it wired by plugging in the USB to whichever device you want and switching to Lightspeed mode, could potentially work to connect a 3rd device if required and the machine with the Lightspeed receiver isn't switched on. 

Its very nice to type on. I was tempted by red switches as that's what I had in my last mechanical keyboard but the browns feel so much better when its being used for both working and gaming. Only main criticism would be that some of the legends on the keys are not backlit and that the keycap clips seem a little flimsy. I've not broken one yet but I would avoid taking the caps of regularly just in case. I'm pretty sure these are the same issues either Linus or Hardware Canucks mentioned in their videos on it. Battery life is acceptable. Using it for work 8 hours a day followed by the odd gaming session in the evening it tends to last about a week+ with the backlight on medium to high level.

I paired it with a G604 wireless mouse too for its wireless and multi-device support

On the subject, 

4 hours ago, Longsh07 said:

+1 for Logitech G915.

I pretty much had your exact same set of requirements @Cyanic Sonic I've got the TLK G915 with brown switches. Been using it for a good 6 months now and love it. I'm fond of low profile laptop/Mac style keyboards for typing on but wanted mechanical for gaming, wireless to keep my desk tidy and ability to connect to both my PC and work laptop. 

I use Lightspeed for connecting to my PC and Bluetooth for connecting to my work laptop. Buttons along the top make it easy to flick between the two. Alternatively you can use it wired by plugging in the USB to whichever device you want and switching to Lightspeed mode, could potentially work to connect a 3rd device if required and the machine with the Lightspeed receiver isn't switched on. 

Its very nice to type on. I was tempted by red switches as that's what I had in my last mechanical keyboard but the browns feel so much better when its being used for both working and gaming. Only main criticism would be that some of the legends on the keys are not backlit and that the keycap clips seem a little flimsy. I've not broken one yet but I would avoid taking the caps of regularly just in case. I'm pretty sure these are the same issues either Linus or Hardware Canucks mentioned in their videos on it. Battery life is acceptable. Using it for work 8 hours a day followed by the odd gaming session in the evening it tends to last about a week+ with the backlight on medium to high level.

I paired it with a G604 wireless mouse too for its wireless and multi-device support

On the subject, 

Thanks for the personal review man! Only thing is the price though... the G915 cost double of the Keychron one... at this rate I think it might be a better choice to go for that

10 minutes ago, Cyanic Sonic said:

Thanks for the personal review man! Only thing is the price though... the G915 cost double of the Keychron one... at this rate I think it might be a better choice to go for that

Yeah, it was pricey, though with how much use its had this year I think I had my monies worth about 5 months back 😄

I did look at Keychron too. What put me off (other than them not being in stock and having to ship from the US) was using Bluetooth for my desktop (for one it doesn't have it!). A few Bluetooth keyboard I've used at work have had occasional delay/stutter. It's not a big deal when typing but when gaming it would be exceptionally annoying so I was keen to get a Lightspeed keyboard. But if that's not a problem/issue for you then absolutely save a few (insert appropriate currency here). 👍

On 1/27/2021 at 8:03 PM, Cyanic Sonic said:

Thanks Omar and Dogknight! I'll check these out.

Have you guys personally used it though? Would like to get some feedback on its usability

Have both the ones I linked and use them both daily. One I have hooked up to a PC I use for general use and server management. The other switches between my work MBP and my main workstation PC. Both work well for switching back and forth. Although worth noting for responsiveness, Lightspeed (the tech Logitech uses for wireless), works best if the USB dongle is in direct line of sight. I have a USB hub that I run it through. When having the receiver behind the PC, I noticed some lag. 

The G613 is a very sturdy keyboard. You can hammer the keys quite a bit with this one. The built in palm rest is very useful given the large size of the unit. There is no lighting for the keys, so if you're using it in a dark room, hopefully you are comfortable with touch typing. The battery lasts months. No complaints there. 

The G915 is a very solid deck, but with the keys designed to be low profile, they give the impression they may be a little more fragile. However I haven't had any issue with them yet. The RGB for lighting is nice and is all software controlled. Without it on you will struggle to see the legend on the keys in anything other than a well lit room. So expect to be making use of the lights if you get this one. Lights will go to sleep after short intervals to maximise battery life and can be woken up with a press of any key. Battery will easily last over a week. Definitely a great typing experience (I went with tactile switches). Will happily replace this in a couple years if necessary with the same model if still available.