PC Randomly Freezes Up

HuudsonW

I built my new PC back in November, and maybe sometime in December my PC started to randomly freeze up. It isn't like a complete freeze. I am able to move my mouse and click things but if I try to open or close something they wont open or close and just freeze up. I will click shutdown or restart in windows but it doesn't work, so the only way to fix it is to hold down the power button.

I have tried new RAM sticks and made sure they were properly seated and that didn't fix it. I updated my BIOS to the most recent. I have also looked at Windows Event Viewer and it shows nothing. Along with this I have scanned and fixed all corrupted windows files, and I have also used Windows Memory Diagnostic and that came back fine. I also check task manager right away before it all freezes up and nothing seems out of the ordinary.

I really want to avoid having to wipe windows and try to re-install. Instead I want to know some of your guys input on what the possible issue may be. Thank you.

Specs:

Aorus x570 Elite

5800X

RTX3080 MSI Gaming x Trio

16GB Trident RGB

RMx 850W

Samsung 980 500GB (boot)

Samsung 860 1TB (storage)

1 hour ago, HuudsonW said:

I built my new PC back in November, and maybe sometime in December my PC started to randomly freeze up. It isn't like a complete freeze. I am able to move my mouse and click things but if I try to open or close something they wont open or close and just freeze up. I will click shutdown or restart in windows but it doesn't work, so the only way to fix it is to hold down the power button.

I have tried new RAM sticks and made sure they were properly seated and that didn't fix it. I updated my BIOS to the most recent. I have also looked at Windows Event Viewer and it shows nothing. Along with this I have scanned and fixed all corrupted windows files, and I have also used Windows Memory Diagnostic and that came back fine. I also check task manager right away before it all freezes up and nothing seems out of the ordinary.

I really want to avoid having to wipe windows and try to re-install. Instead I want to know some of your guys input on what the possible issue may be. Thank you.

Specs:

Aorus x570 Elite

5800X

16GB Trident RGB

RMx 850W

Samsung 980 500GB (boot)

In task manager before the freeze, do you see disk usage spike up to 100%? I have similar problems with my machine except mine are more temporary. Like it'll recover after 20 or so seconds.

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

4 hours ago, HuudsonW said:

Specs:

Aorus x570 Elite

5800X

16GB Trident RGB

RMx 850W

Samsung 980 500GB (boot)

its far fetched but do you use a mouse from roccat and the software? also did you try hit strg+alt+del. I had this strange behaviour once before on a PC and it was the roccat software but i could at least unfreeze by using strg+alt+del

Hi @HuudsonW  this won’t be helpful at the moment. But Myself and two others are currently having the exact same issues, we’ve been discussing it on this thread, 

I also posted my issue here, but it looks like it got lost in the sea of text 

I hope this helps, and you can see the steps that we’ve all taken to rectify this... and failed. 
I’m sure the common symptom between all of us is that it freezes up but we are able to interact with the desktop at a high level. 

Hi again, this just popped up, and I thought you might find this useful, especially if you have the NZXT CAM software