HDD turning off?

FAW
Go to solution Solved by Applefreak,
3 minutes ago, FAW said:

Can I somehow keep my hdd running always cause the clicking sound annoys me

Go into windows control panel, under power settings, go to advanced settings and change the power profile. In the window that pops up there should be an option for the hdd to go to sleep. Set the time to 0 and save. It will now be on all the time. I do the same thing. 

Hi so I bought a new ssd 3 days ago and this is the first time this happened. So while I was playing my pc made the sound my pc makes while turning off,

but my fans and pc were working did my HDD turn off? After that I checked the health on CrystalDisk and it made a sound that seemed to turn on. Is this normal? 

Yes.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Just now, Levent said:

Yes.

3 minutes ago, FAW said:

Go into windows control panel, under power settings, go to advanced settings and change the power profile. In the window that pops up there should be an option for the hdd to go to sleep. Set the time to 0 and save. It will now be on all the time. I do the same thing. 

4 minutes ago, FAW said:

Well if its this sound that you are talking about, nope. Head has to move in order to be a functioning harddisk. You can however stop the disk from spinning down but it will get rid of head movement sounds (like ones in the video below).

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

2 minutes ago, Levent said:

Well if its this sound that you are talking about, nope. Head has to move in order to be a functioning harddisk. You can however stop the disk from spinning down but it will get rid of head movement sounds (like ones in the video below).

When it turns off it makes a quiet click sound and shuts down that's the sound it makes.  I want it to not shutdown if it's possible. 

Just now, FAW said:

When it turns off it makes a quiet click sound and shuts down that's the sound it makes.  I want it to not shutdown if it's possible. 

3 minutes ago, Applefreak said:

Then you gotta do this. This is actually what I meant when I wrote the last part of my post. I am on LM20 so I cant pinpoint exactly where it is.

6 minutes ago, Applefreak said:

"Turn off hard disk after: 20 minutes" should I changr that to 0?

1 minute ago, FAW said:

"Turn off hard disk after: 20 minutes" should I changr that to 0?

Yes, 0 means do not turn it off.