Nvidia Vsync Control Panel or In Game

caleba98
Go to solution Solved by Downkey,
2 minutes ago, caleba98 said:

Hey guys, so I recently was able to upgrade to a RTX 3070 and am loving the performance gains over my 1050ti.

I finally got around to tuning my Nvidia Control Panel settings today and am just wondering the best v-sync configuration for my setup. My two monitors are the weaker parts of my setup - both 1080p 60 with no Gsync. What's the optimal setup for lowest input lag, best performance and no screen tearing? In game vsync and "let application decide" in the control panel has always been my go-to for simplicity.

Thanks and have a good day 🙂

Go for vsync in the control panel. Enabling vsync in game usually just leads to having more input lag 

Hey guys, so I recently was able to upgrade to a RTX 3070 and am loving the performance gains over my 1050ti.

I finally got around to tuning my Nvidia Control Panel settings today and am just wondering the best v-sync configuration for my setup. My two monitors are the weaker parts of my setup - both 1080p 60 with no Gsync. What's the optimal setup for lowest input lag, best performance and no screen tearing? In game vsync and "let application decide" in the control panel has always been my go-to for simplicity.

Go for vsync in the control panel. Enabling vsync in game usually just leads to having more input lag 

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

Thanks! Then disable vsync in game? If so I tried that and was put off by the fact it pinned my GPU at 98% rendering as many frames as possible

Thanks! Then disable vsync in game? If so I tried that and was put off by the fact it pinned my GPU at 98% rendering as many frames as possible

Disable it in game. Also just note that if you have vsync disabled fully, and you go slightly over your monitor refresh rate (75fps) it would be significantly better. Although I’m not sure if there is tearing.

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

Vsync fully off still gets a tiny amount of tearing. Thoughts on Nvidia triple buffering?