Time to replace PSU?

Bobbysixjp
Go to solution Solved by Omar.B,

No if there's no problem then why to change? Average age for psu is 10 years.

I'm sure that this has been asked 1000s of times, but I have a 2016 Corsair RM850x PSU that is coming up to 5 years old and am wondering if it is time to replace it with a new model (same model but newer)?

CPU i7 14700K | CPU Cooler Noctua NH-U12A | Motherboard MSI Pro Z690-A | GPU Zotac Airo RTX 4080 | RAM 32 GB GSkill Ripjaws V 4400
Mhz |
 Monitor Alienware AW2721D / Gigabyte M28U | PSU ASUS ROG Strix 850G

1 minute ago, Omar.B said:

No if there's no problem then why to change? Average age for psu is 10 years.

Well, you hear horror stories of a PSU failing and taking all the components with it and then you think compared to the price of a GPU these days, a PSU is relatively low cost, so why not replace it after 5 years?

CPU i7 14700K | CPU Cooler Noctua NH-U12A | Motherboard MSI Pro Z690-A | GPU Zotac Airo RTX 4080 | RAM 32 GB GSkill Ripjaws V 4400
Mhz |
 Monitor Alienware AW2721D / Gigabyte M28U | PSU ASUS ROG Strix 850G

1 minute ago, Bobbysixjp said:

Well, you hear horror stories of a PSU failing and taking all the components with it

those are beyond rare

2 minutes ago, Bobbysixjp said:

Well, you hear horror stories of a PSU failing and taking all the components with it and then you think compared to the price of a GPU these days, a PSU is relatively low cost, so why not replace it after 5 years?

I know but your psu is really good and your not doing some crazy overclocking or facing problems with it so you dont need to change !