First Time Build...

SpaceGod13

BUDGET: $1500-2000

AIM: I would like to be able to perform at 120fps at 1440p for most games, including rocket league and Squad. Even I could push 4k, they'd be even better. Eventually get into VR. Light video editing.

MONITORS: One is fine for now, maybe two into the future.

PERIPHERALS: I will need a mouse and keyboard, but they can be excluded from the budget. Same goes for OS.

I'm a long time Xbox guy, but with the release of the next gen consoles, I figured it was time to move to a PC. Ya know, more bang for my buck, as opposed to always buying the next console. So of course, I'm fairly new to the realm of PC. I contemplated buying a prebuilt but I'm stubborn and would rather build my own. With some light research, I began to build a list of the possible parts. Those include:

CPU- Ryzen 5 5600x or 7 3700x

Motherboard- Asus ROG Strix B550-E

Graphics Card- RTX 3070 (I want an a 3080... but wouldn't we all)

RAM- T-Force Xtreem ARGB DDR4 3600

Storage- WD Black 1 TB SN750 NVME Gen 3

This list, like I mentioned, is lightly researched so feel free to pick it apart. I haven't found a case I like as of yet. I looked for a galaxy themed case (if you couldn't guess from my name), but was told it would be far easier to vinyl wrap a matte black one. As for the other components, well, I don't know what I need or what to get. Also, I realized the list i provided was cutting close to the budget I was trying to stick in, so if there are better options and suggestions, I'm all ears. Thanks in advance for the help.

Pre-Built would mean less bang for your buck but you will be able to get a 3000 series GPUs easier. Right now scaplers and miners have bought out most of the stock which has increased the attraction of pre-builts. If your willing to wait for stock you'll get more money for your value but I would say now is actually not a terrible time to go pre-built.

2 hours ago, SpaceGod13 said:

BUDGET: $1500-2000

AIM: I would like to be able to perform at 120fps at 1440p for most games, including rocket league and Squad. Even I could push 4k, they'd be even better. Eventually get into VR. Light video editing.

MONITORS: One is fine for now, maybe two into the future.

PERIPHERALS: I will need a mouse and keyboard, but they can be excluded from the budget. Same goes for OS.

I'm a long time Xbox guy, but with the release of the next gen consoles, I figured it was time to move to a PC. Ya know, more bang for my buck, as opposed to always buying the next console. So of course, I'm fairly new to the realm of PC. I contemplated buying a prebuilt but I'm stubborn and would rather build my own. With some light research, I began to build a list of the possible parts. Those include:

CPU- Ryzen 5 5600x or 7 3700x

Motherboard- Asus ROG Strix B550-E

Graphics Card- RTX 3070 (I want an a 3080... but wouldn't we all)

RAM- T-Force Xtreem ARGB DDR4 3600

Storage- WD Black 1 TB SN750 NVME Gen 3

This list, like I mentioned, is lightly researched so feel free to pick it apart. I haven't found a case I like as of yet. I looked for a galaxy themed case (if you couldn't guess from my name), but was told it would be far easier to vinyl wrap a matte black one. As for the other components, well, I don't know what I need or what to get. Also, I realized the list i provided was cutting close to the budget I was trying to stick in, so if there are better options and suggestions, I'm all ears. Thanks in advance for the help.

this is based on current prices as rtx 3000 is very hard to find these days

Note: the gpu price is according to a used prices

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Nd97nL

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 3.7 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($299.00) 
CPU Cooler: Scythe FUMA 2 51.17 CFM CPU Cooler  ($59.99 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: MSI MAG B550 TOMAHAWK ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($179.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 Memory  ($84.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Western Digital Blue SN550 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($104.99 @ Lenovo) 
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 8 GB Founders Edition Video Card  ($499.00) 
Case: Fractal Design Meshify C ATX Mid Tower Case  ($99.98 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Corsair RM (2019) 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($134.99 @ Newegg) 
Monitor: LG 27GL850-B 27.0" 2560x1440 144 Hz Monitor  ($446.99 @ Adorama) 
Total: $1909.92
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-01-21 04:36 EST-0500

Added in a monitor to fit within the budget. The 3070 and 5600x are completely out of stock so i put them in at their msrp. Will be unlikely to find the 3070 at that price but the total of this build is $1909 so it gives you $100 of manoeuvring space. I would recommend you just wait a bit for these parts and hopefully try and snag one when they come back in stock. You could go the prebuilt route but the bang for buck and joy you will get of building a PC would be worth waiting around a bit for me. The 5600x will probably come back in stock before the 3070 so could be worth picking up a used rx580 or 570 to pair with the cpu while you wait.

JOIN THE FIGHT AGAINST COVID-19 BY RUNNING FOLDING AT HOME!!

have a look at the thread below if your interested:

Home gaming and general work rig: CPU: 2700x with stock cooler Ram: Corsair vengeance pro RGB 16gb GPU: RX570 4GB (upgrading soon) Storage: 1x 500gb crucial SSD + 1tb HDD Mobo: B450-F gaming PSU: Corsair rmx550Case: Corsair 275R

F@H rig (In office and used for work too) CPU: 3600 Ram: Viper 16gb ram Mobo: B550-Tomahawk GPU's 1x 2080 super 1x 2060 super Storage: SN750 1tb Case: PC 011 Air PSU: Corsair RM850 Fans: 6x Noctua NF-12

Remember to quote me so I can see your reply!

Always Reply with a question if you have one! 😃

3 hours ago, myb54 said:

That cooler is overpriced and so is the cpu. Wouldn't recommend that GPU right now because its now 3 generations old. Those fans are overpriced and not great- the case is a bizarre choice too. for half the price you can get a better case with improved airflow ect.

Home gaming and general work rig: CPU: 2700x with stock cooler Ram: Corsair vengeance pro RGB 16gb GPU: RX570 4GB (upgrading soon) Storage: 1x 500gb crucial SSD + 1tb HDD Mobo: B450-F gaming PSU: Corsair rmx550Case: Corsair 275R

F@H rig (In office and used for work too) CPU: 3600 Ram: Viper 16gb ram Mobo: B550-Tomahawk GPU's 1x 2080 super 1x 2060 super Storage: SN750 1tb Case: PC 011 Air PSU: Corsair RM850 Fans: 6x Noctua NF-12

5 hours ago, Ed-petit said:

That cooler is overpriced and so is the cpu. Wouldn't recommend that GPU right now because its now 3 generations old. Those fans are overpriced and not great- the case is a bizarre choice too. for half the price you can get a better case with improved airflow ect.

dude  just beacause the card is old doesnt mean its bad, its one of the greatest cards out there, and also as you can see i havent set the prices by myself these all are current prices

9 minutes ago, myb54 said:

dude  just beacause the card is old doesnt mean its bad, its one of the greatest cards out there, and also as you can see i havent set the prices by myself these all are current prices

I'm not saying its a bad card but $500 for a 1080ti in 2021 is just not worth it. OP stated that he wanted bang for the buck and is much better off waiting a couple of months for everything to hopefully die down and to come back in stock then splashing money on a card that shouldn't even nearly be worth that much. apart from the cpu and gpu (which I will expect to come back in stock at decent prices some time in the not so distant future) I haven't set any prices, and the rest is in stock now at very good prices for OP to buy. Trust me if your spending this much on a PC its worth the wait. Apart form your GPU choice most of those parts are overpriced and just generally bad parts to consider.

Definitely consider 32Gb or ram. Right now it's cheap and most importantly its AVAILABLE. It will create the better user experience. 

Forgive me El Guapo. I know that I, Jefe, do not have your superior intellect and education...