Need help overclocking!

Hey guys! Has anyone overclocked an i9-10900k before? I'm trying to get it to 5.1 ghz or so but I have no idea what I'm doing.

I ran Cinebench R23 for a while and the temp seemed to cap out at 71c on the hottest core. I have a NZXT Kraken x73 on a ROG Maximus XII Hero (wifi), 32gb of 3200mhz ram and a 850w power supply.

The first run of Cinebench R23 gave me a score of 16055 multi core and a score of 1308 single core.

3 minutes ago, PapaTDaddy said:

Hey guys! Has anyone overclocked an i9-10900k before? I'm trying to get it to 5.1 ghz or so but I have no idea what I'm doing.

I ran Cinebench R23 for a while and the temp seemed to cap out at 71c on the hottest core. I have a NZXT Kraken x73 on a ROG Maximus XII Hero (wifi), 32gb of 3200mhz ram and a 850w power supply.

The first run of Cinebench R23 gave me a score of 16055 multi core and a score of 1308 single core.

I used this guide to oc my 10700k, I believe that oc'ing your 10900k will be very similar. Overclocking - Basic Intel 10700k Overclock ALL CORE 4.9 GHZ (Free OC) - YouTube

He also made 5.0 and 5.1ghz variants. Just search up "5.0ghz 10700k oc" and you should find a video by him under the same title. I'd recommend using each guide completely and benchmarking your system for at least a few minutes before moving up the ladder.  

I am NOT a professional and a lot of the time what I'm saying is based on limited knowledge and experience. I'm going to be incorrect at times. 

Motherboard Tier List                   How many watts do I need?
Best B550 Motherboards             Best Intel Z490 Motherboards

PC Troubleshooting                      You don't need a big PSU

PSU Tier List                                Common pc building mistakes 
PC BUILD Guide! (POV)              How to Overclock your CPU 

I was able to hit 5.1ghz with decent temps and raise my multi core score to 16522, thanks for the help! 

image.png

image.png