Windows not installing to HDD.

DIV1D3

So I installed Ubuntu on a HDD of mine and I wanted to install Windows back onto it. Thing is that Windows says it can't install and the drive is a GPT partition style disk, but is also supposedly a EFI (ESP). I'd just like to know what I should do to get it to a partition type of GPT, thanks if you help :). Also here's a pic of the drive specs:

Toshiba.png

Cheers!

Edit: There is also another Partition and is a GPT but needs to be NFTS. 

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

Soz lol, Disk 0 Partition 1 is of a GPT partition style, but a EFI system partition. The second one (Disk 0 Partition 2) says it is again a GPT style but is of an unrecognisable type, the same goes for the third one (Disk 0 Partition 3). 

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Hey guys I really need some help on this. I'm waiting to get this sorted before I start to buy anything for my mining rig so I sorta need some help. Thanks :)

Completely reformat the drive.

Install windows first then install Ubuntu. It will install "Along Side".

It will then give you a dual boot option when you start your computer and you can choose which OS to boot from.

Reformat the drive as stated above. You can use the Ununtu LiveCD to launch from the CD then format from there, or you could reinstall Ubuntu setting it to overwrite the entire disk (this has worked for me on HDDs that Windows can't use).

"PSU brands are meaningless, look up the OEM."

Completely reformat the drive.

Install windows first then install Ubuntu. It will install "Along Side".

It will then give you a dual boot option when you start your computer and you can choose which OS to boot from.

Yes but I can't access it when it's in my system, and when I try and install Windows it comes up with the errors I sated above. 

It actually didn't give the option when I installed Ubuntu, in fact I don't want to install it, I want to install Windows. 

Reformat the drive as stated above. You can use the Ununtu LiveCD to launch from the CD then format from there, or you could reinstall Ubuntu setting it to overwrite the entire disk (this has worked for me on HDDs that Windows can't use).

I'll have a look  a little later on, btw I don't want to install Ubuntu, rather just Windows. 

K, I'll tr and clear everything up. 

I cannot see/access thew drive in my desktop, the only place I can see that it is detected is in the UEFI and Intel Rapid Storage Technology. If I try and boot from it in my laptop (where it is from) than it just says that I need to insert a bootable device and press a key to continue but when it is in my desktop it just boots into my Barracuda. 

Just reformat the HHD with the windows install disk.

But I do not have one, Windows came pre-installed with the laptop. 

did you remove the recovery partation from the hhd?

No, I don't think I did anything like that, Alll I did was install Ubuntu on the HDD, no dual boot, and then I "formatted" when I was in the Windows installation from the disc. Btw when I say disc I mean a disc that has an ISO file burned to it. There are three partitions on the drive, and when I was using it (few month ago) I remember there being three drives in Computer. I'd like to emphasise he point of me not being able to access the drive at all, the only way I know it is connected properly is because it is showing up in the UEFI and Intel's Storage thing. 

okay when you startup the laptop from a cold boot, do you see any thing on the screen that says press a key on some laptop is f10 or something like that to restore or recovery?

okay when you startup the laptop from a cold boot, do you see any thing on the screen that says press a key on some laptop is f10 or something like that to restore or recovery?

It only says to get a bootable drive and press a key to continue, I'll take a photo. 

what kind of laptop to you have?

It's a HP Pavilion DV6, I doubt this has anything to do with the laptop itself.

Derp.jpg

There we go. 

okay turn off the laptop and wait 30 sec. the turn it on as soon as you turn it on keep hiting on F11 key that should take you in to recovry mode.

okay turn off the laptop and wait 30 sec. the turn it on as soon as you turn it on keep hiting on F11 key that should take you in to recovry mode.

K, I'll try that. But I'm not sure it would work just because I have already done a clean install of Ubuntu, though I'll still try :)

Yeh it still comes up with the same message. 

your trying to install windows or you just what to reformat the drive?

u still need help?

RIG: Processor: Intel Core i3 4130 MoBo: ASUS H81M-PLUS RAM: 4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz Storage: 1TB WD Blue PSU: 450W Cooler Master OEM CASE: Corsair 350D

your trying to install windows or you just what to reformat the drive?

I want to install Windows.

u still need help?

Yes, I haven't the slightest idea to fix this. 

But I do not have one, Windows came pre-installed with the laptop.

Then get one? There are legit clean iso's floating all over the net. You can even get them from microsoft if you wish.

I want to install Windows.

Yes, I haven't the slightest idea to fix this. 

I had the EXACT same problem, but with a desktop.

So, you can get into the windows installation part thing when it asks you what partition to save the OS to?

EDIT: changed 'cant' to 'can'

RIG: Processor: Intel Core i3 4130 MoBo: ASUS H81M-PLUS RAM: 4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz Storage: 1TB WD Blue PSU: 450W Cooler Master OEM CASE: Corsair 350D

Then get one? There are legit clean iso's floating all over the net. You can even get them from microsoft if you wish.

You don't seem to be understanding my situation, the HDD cannot have Windows installed onto it because it is not the right partition type/style (idk). 

I had the EXACT same problem, but with a desktop.

So, you can get into the windows installation part thing when it asks you what partition to save the OS to?

EDIT: changed 'cant' to 'can'

It has three partitions, I'll list the sizes and the full error message thing. Actually I'll just take another pic. 

This http://goo.gl/vCWrWY is one was to get a clean windows 8.1 ISO and if you have a 8 not 8.1 key you will need the 8.1 generic/temporary key to get though the install prompts.