PC is loud

Cillian04

I recently built a pc and it runs loud and my mic for my podcast is picking it upin the background. I have gone into the bios and msi dragon centre and created a fan curve nd even dgusted my cpu cooler that is now running at 1200 rpm but there is no change in how loud my pc is any tips to help or even to get my mic to not pick up the sound without sacrfifising mic quality

Specs? Mic? Mic settings? Program for recording?

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

2 minutes ago, Kanna said:

Specs? Mic? Mic settings? Program for recording?

ok so my pc specs arre the r5 3600 w the stock cooler and the 1650 super my mic is the tonor q9 condencer mic normal mic settings havnt changed anything and i use a program callled movavi to record and edit my podcasts

3 minutes ago, Cillian04 said:

ok so my pc specs arre the r5 3600 w the stock cooler and the 1650 super my mic is the tonor q9 condencer mic normal mic settings havnt changed anything and i use a program callled movavi to record and edit my podcasts

Try maybe using OBS to record and change the Mic settings to your likings or if your program has Mic settings use them

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

6 minutes ago, Cillian04 said:

you can use the Nvidia Broadcast APP to remove background noise so all that comes through 99.9999% of the time is your voice. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

1 minute ago, Skiiwee29 said:

you can use the Nvidia Broadcast APP to remove background noise so all that comes through 99.9999% of the time is your voice. 

where can i downlod this and does this allow me to use my software to record my podcast

Just now, Cillian04 said:

where can i downlod this and does this allow me to use my software to record my podcast

You can download it here: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/broadcasting/broadcast-app/

You open the app, set your mic as the Source and then in your recording app set Nvidia Broadcast as your MIC and you're all set.

image.png.cbda65693d396e659b7c1732e019fa95.png

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

Just now, Cillian04 said:

would this be better the nividia rtx voice

RTX voice is legacy. Broadcast App is the new one. If Broadcast doesnt work, then use RTX Voice. 

"Black Out"

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Just now, Skiiwee29 said:

RTX voice is legacy. Broadcast App is the new one. If Broadcast doesnt work, then use RTX Voice. 

i have used rtx voice and it doesnt pick up all my voice 100% of the time so i wanted ot try fid a better on and i will try this

2 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

i cannot use nvidia broadcat as my 1650 super is not supported

1 minute ago, Cillian04 said:

i cannot use nvidia broadcat as my 1650 super is not supported

Then RTX Voice is your best solution. If its not picking up your voice fully, make sure you're talking clearly and loud enough. 

"Black Out"

Dedicated Streaming Rig

1 minute ago, Skiiwee29 said:

Then RTX Voice is your best solution. If its not picking up your voice fully, make sure you're talking clearly and loud enough. 

i will try and i will also try use obs and then movavi to edit thanks for the help if there is anything else you may know about making my pc quieter please do help

1 hour ago, Cillian04 said:

I recently built a pc and it runs loud and my mic for my podcast is picking it upin the background. I have gone into the bios and msi dragon centre and created a fan curve nd even dgusted my cpu cooler that is now running at 1200 rpm but there is no change in how loud my pc is any tips to help or even to get my mic to not pick up the sound without sacrfifising mic quality

1st you have to determine if the PC is running hot that is why the fans are making noise. If everything is OK you can remove the most noisy fans or force them to runs slowly with something like this :

image.jpeg.1be7a6bbdd5d364a17a3b8c5519f8818.jpeg 

Also if you are not talking about live streams, you can edit the noise and eliminate it in audacity

3 hours ago, Cillian04 said:

Editing mic settings is a good idea but you should be able to make your PC quieter too.

I'm going to assume your CPU cooler and GPU fans are controllable but are your case fans PWM or DC controllable? Ie. In bios when you change the fan speeds do they actually change? Are you using an MSI motherboard?

What PSU do you have, some of them can be pretty loud and you can't control them.

On 1/19/2021 at 2:13 PM, Shabba said:

Editing mic settings is a good idea but you should be able to make your PC quieter too.

I'm going to assume your CPU cooler and GPU fans are controllable but are your case fans PWM or DC controllable? Ie. In bios when you change the fan speeds do they actually change? Are you using an MSI motherboard?

What PSU do you have, some of them can be pretty loud and you can't control them.

im not too sure if its my pu r cse fans its not my gpu and i havemy case fans set to pwm i have changed fan speed in bios but still my pc sounds the sme yes im using an msi motherboard i hve a coolermaster psu dont think it is the problem

4 hours ago, Cillian04 said:

im not too sure if its my pu r cse fans its not my gpu and i havemy case fans set to pwm i have changed fan speed in bios but still my pc sounds the same yes im using an msi motherboard i hve a coolermaster psu dont think it is the problem

I recntly bought a nice new EVGA PSU and it was so loud I had to return it. Took me a while to figure out it was the PSU. I opened my case, stopped my case fans one by one, stopped my gpu fans, it was quite obvious at that point it was my PSU fan making all the noise

2 minutes ago, Shabba said:

I recntly bought a nice new EVGA PSU and it was so loud I had to return it. Took me a while to figure out it was the PSU. I opened my case, stopped my case fans one by one, stopped my gpu fans, it was quite obvious at that point it was my PSU fan making all the noise

i have not checked if it was my psu i will check now