Weird results while ocing ram

Cyeti

This is my first time on any type of forum ever so correct me if I’m doing anything wrong. 

Since the price of everything is through and he roof right now I’ve been getting into over clocking to push what I have just that little bit further. I’ve noticed when running bench marks that I get a better score and my cpu seems to stay at a high average clock speed when my ram is at 3000MHz than when I push it to 3266 MHz. All the timing is the same. Uclk==memclk and fclk so it’s a 1:1 ratio. I even tried pushing the voltage up on the ram to make sure that wasn’t it. It’s not the most controlled but the cpu temp stays about the same on every test. Maybe I’m just pushing it to far? I just really like pushing the limit. I can optimize it I just really wanna understand why that is and I can’t seem to find the answer. 
cpu: ryzen 5 3600

mb: aorus b450 pro

ram: team t-force volcan z 3000MHz

Most likely cause is the power delivery cant handle the OC on both the RAM and CPU. I recommend just leaving it at 3000MHz, should still be good enough performance for most situations.