Upgrading old gaming RIG

jameskiller98

Budget (including currency): 1000

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Aurora 4X C#, Hearts of Iron 4, Shadow empire, Squad, cyberpunk2077, War thunder

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc):

Current build: asus Z97-K motherboard CPU Intel i5-4690K at 3.5 Ghz Graphics GTX 970 Power supply 800 W by High power Model HPL-800BR-f14S Ram- two DDR3-2133 4 GB(XL) Sticks

Honestly with cyberpunk and newer games coming out my system has started to show its age now starting to show on the minimum specs of these games I am looking for an upgrade for both 4X video games like Hoi4 and aurora 4X and Shadow empire which both have insane load times for all the calculations they have. I also play some FPS like squad cyberpunk and some old games like red faction along with fallout 4, new vegas ect. and would like if within my budget to increase my graphics capability. I was thinking of upgrading my motherboard and my CPU then getting some more RAM as my CPU is almost always at 100% during gaming and then followed up with my memory which is also almost constantly a problem. I was just curious if I would have any problems with compatibility when it came to keeping my old graphics card. If it came down to it I could increase the budget to about 1500 but I would rather focus on investing then putting too much money into the system as my computer can handle games like cyberpunk and others just fine on low graphics settings. I would also like to be able to keep above the minimum specs of newer games coming out so I can wait and upgrade this system again further down the line. This system is fairly old as If I remember right its from 2014.