Memory is not detected..... HELP!

Okay so this is my first time building a computer and after a while I finally finished..... When I turn on my computer it gives me 3 beeps which the manual said that means that my memory isn't detected..... Can someone help me because I have no idea what's going on? Thank you for your time! :)

Okay so this is my first time building a computer and after a while I finally finished..... When I turn on my computer it gives me 3 beeps which the manual said that means that my memory isn't detected..... Can someone help me because I have no idea what's going on? Thank you for your time! :)

What's your exact memory and motherboard?

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

The motherboard is intel dx58so and I have corsair vengeance ddr3 1600 Oh and they are x2 4gb So total is 8gb

The motherboard is intel dx58so and I have corsair vengeance ddr3 1600

1. Have you made sure they are in the correct DIMM slots? The manual will say which ones you have to populate 1st.

2. If that doesn't work try 1 RAM stick in the black DIMM slot (I'm assuming) and see if it posts. Then swap to the other stick.

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

The manual is telling me to use the last 2 blue ones? And if it's single configuration it says to use the last one not the black one

I tried all of them but it still gives me the 3 beeps

I tried all of them but it still gives me the 3 beeps

Is there another computer you can try those RAM sticks in?

This will confirm if there's a problem with the motherboard or the RAM.

If not, try and RMA the RAM.

EDIT: I don't believe that both RAM sticks would be dead... so you might have a faulty motherboard.

EDIT 2 it's possible that the RAM is not supported by the motherboard.

I don't think so because I tried it on my other motherboard and it detected it... I would use my other one, problem is that it only has 1 gpu slot and I have 2 gpu's

@Simply nacho

Just realized that motherboard is from the x58 platform, so you're using a 1366 socket. That's kind of old.

I'm pretty sure you'll need memory designed to work for the x58 motherboards.

You'll probably notice when you look at RAM kits, they'll say in the specs what motherboard chipset it supports either x79, x58 etc

those memory modules are not supported on that board.

from the Intel website for the DX58SO:

Memory features

The board has four DIMM sockets and supports the following memory features:

• Four 240-pin Double Data Rate 3 (DDR3) SDRAM Dual Inline Memory Module (DIMM) connectors with gold-plated contacts arranged in two channels
  • 1600+/1333/1066 MHz DDR3 SDRAM Memory Modules
  • Three independent memory channels with interleaved mode support
  • Unbuffered, non-registered single- or double-sided DIMMs with a voltage rating of 1.65 V or less
  • 16 GB maximum total system memory (with 2 GB memory technology).
  • Minimum total system memory: 1 GB using 512 MB x16 module
  • Non-ECC DIMMs
  • Serial presence detect
  • Intel® Extreme Memory Profile (Intel® XMP) version 1.2 performance profile support is required for memory speeds above 1333 MHz or use of manual adjustments.

the memory list only supplies 1GB or 2GB DIMMs.

Doesnt matter the memory should work, as for the qvl manual for listed memory means nothings if its not on the compatible list, it just means they never testest that specifc memory he has, and yes thier is that odd % it wont be compatible, but from my experince i only came across that once at off my 15 years of building computers. What i would do is clear cmos, then try one memory stick in each dimm slot, then proceed testing out the other memory stick if the computer still does not post then yea its the memory

Cpu:  Amd phenom 965be C3 4.5ghz 1.525v Mobo:  Asus M5A990X EVO R2.0:  Cpu cooler:  Ram Kingston hyperx blu 1600mhz 16gb   Gpu: Asus HD 6870 Direct cu 1ghz 1223mhz mem  Case: Enermax Ostrog mid  Storage: Seagate 1tb, Seagate 500gb, Seagate 120gb, WD 320gb  Psu: Antec 650 watt Truepower modular Monitor: Acer 22"

Your memory might not be compatible with your motherboard