Aio Pump Head

William23r

Hi there,

is this normal, it’s a Corsair h115i platinum se and this occurred after the first mount.

thank in advance !

3BE8285B-AD7E-48F4-8DEE-37C00D10AD4D.jpeg

I'm curios, what is the issue here? is it the scratches or the almost burnt look to the center of the cold-plate? if its the burnt look (while I cant speak to if that is what the thermal paste would/should look like after being used as I took mine off of my H150i and used my own paste) I would question whether you had paste on in the first place IMO. and if you did have paste on (or if you dont remember) how were your temps? and any other details that may help us diagnose the issue. (also why did you take off the cooler in the first place?)

25 minutes ago, Dragoonski said:

I'm curios, what is the issue here? is it the scratches or the almost burnt look to the center of the cold-plate? if its the burnt look (while I cant speak to if that is what the thermal paste would/should look like after being used as I took mine off of my H150i and used my own paste) I would question whether you had paste on in the first place IMO. and if you did have paste on (or if you dont remember) how were your temps? and any other details that may help us diagnose the issue. (also why did you take off the cooler in the first place?)

Yes there was defiantly paste on :), originally a 2600x, just curious why the burn effect occurred, temps on the 2600x were excellent took the cooler off as I upgraded to a 5800x :)

I’ve managed to find other examples and it seems to be simply stained as in person it doesn’t seem like a burn, and that some rigours cleaning will get it looking shiny again, but it doesn’t seem to have effected performance so I’ll leave it in the current state. 

its fine don't worry about it. just clean it with some rubbing alcohol.

2 hours ago, William23r said:

Yes there was defiantly paste on :), originally a 2600x, just curious why the burn effect occurred, temps on the 2600x were excellent took the cooler off as I upgraded to a 5800x :)

Id say if there was paste on your should be fine and its probably just something with corsair/whatever paste you had on at the time. Just throw on some new paste you shouldn't be affected really. 

Maybe it would be oxidation? 

Kind of like the Statue of Liberty. 

If your temps on the 2600X were good, just roll with it. Clearly it didn't hurt your cooling performance, so don't screw with it. 

My 2020 Upgrade: CPU: Ryzen 5 3600; MB: MSI X570 Tomohawk WiFi; Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3600 MHz; Case: Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance; PSU: Corsair RM550X 80+ Gold; Storage: WD Blue 500GB SSD; Seagate 4TB Compute HDD; Monitor: GIGABYTE G34WQC 34" 144Hz Curved Gaming Monitor, 3440 x 1440 VA 1500R Display

Previous Components Still Using: GPU: MSI GTX 1070 (bought Used); Storage: WD 3TB Green HDD,WD 1TB Black HDD, SanDisk SSD PLUS 240GB

Previous Monitor I want to VESA mount: LG 29UB55-B 29" Ultrawide 1080p 60Hz IPS