Need help with a mini PC

I am at my wits end because I have a family member that is a minimalist and refuses any custom build PC but yet he wants an extremely powerful mini PC, he is only using this for trading and budget is not a problem. Currently this* is the only thing that I can find thats remotely close to what he wants. He prefer an system with an i9 processor and a dedicated graphic cards for multiple monitors.  Any help is appreciated guys, thank you!

https://www.asus.com/hk-en/Mini-PCs/Mini-PC-PB60G/specifications/

4 minutes ago, RGB Toilet said:

I am at my wits end because I have a family member that refuses any custom build PC but yet he wants an extremely powerful mini PC, budget is not a problem. Currently this* is the only thing that I can find thats remotely close to what he wants. He prefer an system with an i9 processor and a dedicated graphic cards for multiple monitors. Any help is appreciated guys, thank you!

What about a Shuttle XPC?

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

10 minutes ago, RGB Toilet said:

I am at my wits end because I have a family member that refuses any custom build PC but yet he wants an extremely powerful mini PC, budget is not a problem. Currently this* is the only thing that I can find thats remotely close to what he wants. He prefer an system with an i9 processor and a dedicated graphic cards for multiple monitors. Any help is appreciated guys, thank you!

Well that's what comes to mind right now :

https://simplynuc.com/hades-canyon/

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/boards-kits/nuc/kits/nuc8i7hvk.html

Just now, Radium_Angel said:

What about a Shuttle XPC?

Thank you for the suggestion, I just went to check it out and they all seem really bulky. Something with the size like the Zotac Magnus would really hit the spot

5 minutes ago, RGB Toilet said:

I have zero experience with the NUC, are they good to go out of the box or do I have to add anything else in?

If you are happy with the specs according to your use case scenario they are fine. I have a friend that games on those

11 minutes ago, RGB Toilet said:

extremely powerful mini PC

This is an issue, the smaller you go, the harder it is to get power inside (processing power I mean) because heat is an issue. At some point you either go dumb terminal size, or sacrifice size for power.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

21 minutes ago, RGB Toilet said:

I am at my wits end because I have a family member that is a minimalist and refuses any custom build PC but yet he wants an extremely powerful mini PC, he is only using this for trading and budget is not a problem. Currently this* is the only thing that I can find thats remotely close to what he wants. He prefer an system with an i9 processor and a dedicated graphic cards for multiple monitors.  Any help is appreciated guys, thank you!

I think you need to know more on why the user think he wants a small pc. Maybe the real reason is that he hates big tower computers and messy cables.

In that case you can get away with doing a good job in hiding the pc out of sight.  Sometimes you have to "trick" your "customers"

1 minute ago, Biomecanoid said:

I think you need to know more on why the user think he wants a small pc. Maybe the real reason is that he hates big tower computers and messy cables.

In that case you can get away with doing a good job in hiding the pc out of sight.  Sometimes you have to "trick" your "customers"

Like you said he hates the big tower and messy cables, once we settle on something I will have to install or mount it behind his monitor. The other reason why he wants a prebuild is because he doesnt want to deal with warranty issues, if the machine fails he can just get a new one replaced that kind of mentality 

5 minutes ago, RGB Toilet said:

Like you said he hates the big tower and messy cables, once we settle on something I will have to install or mount it behind his monitor. The other reason why he wants a prebuild is because he doesnt want to deal with warranty issues, if the machine fails he can just get a new one replaced that kind of mentality 

Get a normal prebuild and hide it out of sight. Problem solved

1 minute ago, RGB Toilet said:

You could tell him to get an iMac or Mac Mini.

1 minute ago, Biomecanoid said:

Get a normal prebuild and hide it out of sight. Problem solved

I really wish I can do that but his requirement is a tiny PC. I have no say in this, I am merely doing as told. 

Just now, RGB Toilet said:

I really wish I can do that but his requirement is a tiny PC. I have no say in this, I am merely doing as told. 

Does his trading software require a dedicated video card?

33 minutes ago, RGB Toilet said:

Also these are nice too:

https://www.asrock.com/nettop/index.asp

1 minute ago, Radium_Angel said:

Does his trading software require a dedicated video card?

Not that I know of, as long as there are enough ports for monitors. The whole dedicated GPU was incase he wants to switch to 144hz

Not that I know of, as long as there are enough ports for monitors. The whole dedicated GPU was incase he wants to switch to 144hz

No need for 144hz for an office PC

2 minutes ago, RGB Toilet said:

I feel getting a NUC is asking for trouble, because his specs are vague, he's gonna start working and want to add more monitors (or a higher resolution) than the NUC can support, then blame you for not delivering.

I've had clients like this before, you need to show him right up front, the limitations of his request and what the system can, and cannot do, in very clear and plain language.

5 minutes ago, Biomecanoid said:

No need for 144hz for an office PC

I think it depends on the person really, in my opinion 144hz is not just for gaming. For example, I am used to using a 240 or a 144hz monitor and going back to 60hz even for office work is quite slow and sluggish(?) I cant work a long period of time with a 60hz monitor anymore, but then again thats just my personal opinion / preference. 

2 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

I feel getting a NUC is asking for trouble, because his specs are vague, he's gonna start working and want to add more monitors (or a higher resolution) than the NUC can support, then blame you for not delivering.

I've had clients like this before, you need to show him right up front, the limitations of his request and what the system can, and cannot do, in very clear and plain language.

yeah, thanks for the heads up. I will definitely ask him tomorrow how many monitors does he want to work with. Good call! 

I think it depends on the person really, in my opinion 144hz is not just for gaming. For example, I am used to using a 240 or a 144hz monitor and going back to 60hz even for office work is quite slow and sluggish(?) I cant work a long period of time with a 60hz monitor anymore, but then again thats just my personal opinion. 

I guess yes people can get "spoiled" its the same with big monitors, when you go big you never go back  :P

9 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

The Hades Canyon 8i7HVK can support up to six displays at 60Hz Ultra High Definition, while the 8i7HNK can support 4 screens at 60Hz Ultra High Definition

4 minutes ago, Biomecanoid said:

The Hades Canyon 8i7HVK can support up to six displays at 60Hz Ultra High Definition, while the 8i7HNK can support 4 screens at 60Hz Ultra High Definition

NUCs have changed, that's nice. Last set I looked at did 2 monitors at 1080p and even then looked like crap. But I still think a non-expandable system is asking for it. I've had too many clients changes their requirements 2 months after you "sold" them (exactly what they wanted) a PC and then get all bent out of shape.

a mini pc is different from a NUC so you should atleast have that cleared up with your family member... if that family member prefers a mini pc then you have a ton of choice for cases (I think the CoolerMaster NR200/NR200P takes the cake for this one atm) if they prefer a NUC then that's a different story as those are pre-built and usually the specs are bound to the packages that the manufacturers offer...

15 minutes ago, RGB Toilet said:

yeah, thanks for the heads up. I will definitely ask him tomorrow how many monitors does he want to work with. Good call! 

Could this work? It can be mounted behind a monitor.