AMD StoreMI 2.0 Installation Failed.

Hello,

Im trying to install AMD's StoreMI 2.0 (v2.0.0.0130 aka the one you get form their website). 

But every time I try in the end the installer tells me "Installation Failed. Rolling back changes" and then gives me a "StoreMI failed to install" with no error infos at all.

My Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

MB: MSI 550M Pro-VHD WIFI

Not sure if anything else is needed.

EDIT:

Okay I found a log but cant wrap my head around it. Im not sure if it shows any sensitive information but i trust that people in this forum would not use it for anything bad if it would have them.

I attached the file to this post.

AMD_StoreMI.log

Edited by SomeKittyKat
attached log file

1 minute ago, aDoomGuy said:

You got any RAID? Doesn't support that yet.

nope, no RAID

• 4 months later...

Any chance you figured out the issue with the error? I'm getting error code 65536 but no details as to what the error was. 

Using 5800x as well, with a x570 Mobo - Asus Prime x570-P
All drivers up to date.

• 1 month later...
On 5/20/2021 at 6:50 AM, Cal-GGMU said:

Any chance you figured out the issue with the error? I'm getting error code 65536 but no details as to what the error was. 

Using 5800x as well, with a x570 Mobo - Asus Prime x570-P
All drivers up to date.

So I was getting the same error (65536) and saw someone online say they were able to get it working by reinstalling their GPU drivers. That sounded weird, but I tried it and it totally worked. I used DDU in safe mode and uninstalled both Nvidia and AMD drivers (I've had both brands of GPU installed in this computer before), then rebooted back into normal mode and ran the StoreMI installer. This time it installed fine, no 65536 error. Hope this helps anyone else having this problem. And don't forget to re-install your GPU drivers when you're done.

• 1 month later...
On 7/4/2021 at 5:14 PM, mogzol said:

So I was getting the same error (65536) and saw someone online say they were able to get it working by reinstalling their GPU drivers. That sounded weird, but I tried it and it totally worked. I used DDU in safe mode and uninstalled both Nvidia and AMD drivers (I've had both brands of GPU installed in this computer before), then rebooted back into normal mode and ran the StoreMI installer. This time it installed fine, no 65536 error. Hope this helps anyone else having this problem. And don't forget to re-install your GPU drivers when you're done.

This certainly didn't work for me. Seems it's broken for now.