Fresh install backup.

Andrew48

Hello guys! I am going to perform a full format and new windows 8.1 install and I wanted to know if there is a software out there that can do what I want(sure there is)
So I want to create a backup image of my C drive after I have done a fresh install and installed all the necessary software-drivers, so If anything happens in the future, I can just go back to that backup I did. The backup file will be stored on my cloud . I dont like the backup feature in windows so I want something else. I would prefer it to be free though 
Thanks is advance!

AMD FX 8320@ Stock - Asus M5A99X Evo R2.0 - Kingston HyperX 8GB 1600Mhz - Corsair Carbide 200R - Powercolor Radeon HD 7950 PCS+OC@970Mhz core 1400Mhz memory - Corsair CS650W - Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 
LG 22EA53VQ 21.5" - CM Storm Xornet - CM Storm Quickfire TK - Creative Inspire T3130 2.1

I like AOMEI Backupper. Then store the backup in your preferred Cloud.

Or you can use the RT8 Lite. It has a LOT more features, but it's up to what you want.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

What OS do you have now? I mean Win 8.1 is so unstable and sh*t so i dont recomend updating it yet. I have Win 8 myself and very happy with it

AND BEFORE you guys start saying "win 8 is bad" i have custom win 8 (legit tough)

What OS do you have now? I mean Win 8.1 is so unstable and sh*t so i dont recomend updating it yet. I have Win 8 myself and very happy with it

AND BEFORE you guys start saying "win 8 is bad" i have custom win 8 (legit tough)

I have Windows 8.1 Pro with Classic Shell. It works fine. 

I don't know what unstable-ness you are talking about personally.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

mozy is good, but not ideal for a full system backup, although you do get 2gb for free http://mozy.com/product/mozy/personal i suggest looking for something that isnt free or looking for some sort of local backup solution

I will save the backup file at my own cloud ;)

I like AOMEI Backupper. Then store the backup in your preferred Cloud.

Or you can use the RT8 Lite. It has a LOT more features, but it's up to what you want.

thanks! the RT8 option seems like a lot more work than I intend to do but I will try it. :)

I have windows 7 right now and I used windows 8 before. didnt noticed anything unstable though.  What do you mean unstable? what kind of problems are there?

AMD FX 8320@ Stock - Asus M5A99X Evo R2.0 - Kingston HyperX 8GB 1600Mhz - Corsair Carbide 200R - Powercolor Radeon HD 7950 PCS+OC@970Mhz core 1400Mhz memory - Corsair CS650W - Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 
LG 22EA53VQ 21.5" - CM Storm Xornet - CM Storm Quickfire TK - Creative Inspire T3130 2.1

I will save the backup file at my own cloud ;)

thanks! the RT8 option seems like a lot more work than I intend to do but I will try it. :)

I have windows 7 right now and I used windows 8 before. didnt noticed anything unstable though.  What do you mean unstable? what kind of problems are there?

If you game alot, most of the games dont support win 8.1 nativly. Me and my friend were waiting for Win 8.1 launch when we got the update installed, it started crashing my games and begame so unstable so we went back to Win 8

I haven't had any problems with Win 8.1 and I've gotten used to its design.

If you game alot, most of the games dont support win 8.1 nativly. Me and my friend were waiting for Win 8.1 launch when we got the update installed, it started crashing my games and begame so unstable so we went back to Win 8

I do game but when I was gaming on windows 8 all of my games were working as far as I remember. I think that everything that was supported on windows 7 and 8 is supposed to be working on 8.1 am I wrong?

I do game but when I was gaming on windows 8 all of my games were working as far as I remember. I think that everything that was supported on windows 7 and 8 is supposed to be working on 8.1 am I wrong?

<Has been on Windows 8.1 for 6+ months

<Has played quite a few of his 150+ game library and none have shown signs of instability.

Not saying he's wrong, but I haven't noticed anything regarding what he's talking about.

† Christian Member †

<Has been on Windows 8.1 for 6+ months

<Has played quite a few of his 150+ game library and none have shown signs of instability.

Not saying he's wrong, but I haven't noticed anything regarding what he's talking about.

maybe it was a particular game that was giving him problems or the problem was fixed.  I will upgrade to windows 8.1 because I have a copy next to me waiting to be installed and my pc has a lot more junk that I thought I had  :P