GTA4 PC Boot Problems

ChillKyle

Hi guys. So when I try to boot GTA 4 on my computer, it wont boot up at all except when I disable my antivirus program. I tried to make an exeption in my Bitdefender antivirus program but somehow it doesn't want to boot up when my antivirus is on. Can someone help me out here?

Any errors, or will it just never pop up? I've had my issues with GTA IV, but not it never popping up. I am having that issue with DiRT showdown. Try validating the files. 

Any errors, or will it just never pop up? I've had my issues with GTA IV, but not it never popping up. I am having that issue with DiRT showdown. Try validating the files. 

I don't get any errors. Just the social club wont pop up when I have my antivirus on.

Humm, just sounds like you need to put more paths in the aloud list. I think social club might have a folder of it's own somewhere. Anyway, I don't think you need socail club to play it. I think it's just for sharing screenshots/videos and stuff 

GTA 4 is a sketchy-ass port. It still has a fair amount of issues, but you might need to do some serious fiddling with your anti-virus program to allow all of the files to be accessed.

Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Intel Core i7 4790k | Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming GT                              Notebook: Dell XPS 13

16GB Kingston HyperX Fury | 2x Asus GeForce GTX 680 OC SLI | Corsair H60 2013

Seasonic Platinum 1050W | 2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB RAID 0 | WD 1TB & 2TB Green                                 dat 1080p-ness

Anti virus? I use security essentials free and it works fine

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

Humm, just sounds like you need to put more paths in the aloud list. I think social club might have a folder of it's own somewhere. Anyway, I don't think you need socail club to play it. I think it's just for sharing screenshots/videos and stuff 

Where would the social club be located?

Where would the social club be located?

Have you tried playing without social club i never used and played through the game fine didn't need to make any exceptions with my anti virus just click play (offline) rather than just play i always had problems with social club namely with signing in and its not really needed for gameplay just gimmicky bullshit

Have you tried playing without social club i never used and played through the game fine didn't need to make any exceptions with my anti virus just click play (offline) rather than just play i always had problems with social club namely with signing in and its not really needed for gameplay just gimmicky bullshit

But the game cant launch without the social club.

But the game cant launch without the social club.

Yes you can i have played a numerous amount of hours without having to sign into social club does a error message come up if trying to play by clicking play (offline) i tried it just now it worked fine all that came up is the message saying i wont be able to access multiplayer and clip uploading.