Case Fan Positions

woody30

I have fractal design Meshify c case with 3 case fans two in the front and one in the back that are all 120 mm and be quiet silentwings 3. I use the computer for iRacing and was wondering if I should put another fan up top and where up top should I put it? Some of the races the league I’m in runs 300 lap races and just want to be sure my computer is adequately cooled.

2 minutes ago, woody30 said:

I have fractal design Meshify c case with 3 case fans two in the front and one in the back that are all 120 mm and be quiet silentwings 3. I use the computer for iRacing and was wondering if I should put another fan up top and where up top should I put it? Some of the races the league I’m in runs 300 lap races and just want to be sure my computer is adequately cooled.

I would say yes add another fan if you can. It's not a big deal, but neutral airflow is better than positive airflow, which is when intake>exhaust. Depending on your hardware, it might not be necessary though. You can monitor your temperatures using MSI Afterburner's OSD.

The more I learn, the more I realise I don't actually know anything. 

Recommendations: Lian Li 205m (sleek, pretty decent airflow for a non-mesh front panel and cheap), i5-10400f (Ryzen 5 3600 performance, 20% cheaper), Arctic P14 PWM fans, Logitech g305.

You dont need more fans. You could even get better gpu temps by haveing only one exhaust fan in back and closing off the roof.