Replacing thermal paste and pads on Gigabyte RTX 2060 OC Windforce x2

I have my RTX 2060 for almost a year now, and I bought it second hand as a entire PC (got a good deal overall, the PC wasn't used a lot and still has active warranties). It can run hot, as most of the windforce cards, so I was thinking about replacing the thermal paste on the gpu and i have 2 questions:
1. Is it even worth replacing it with thermal grizzly kryonaut, or are they using somewhat quality thermal paste?
2. If it is worth to replace the thermal paste, are they using thermal pads under the heatsink? If so, what thickness they are, and what thermal pads should I use?
I tried to find out if they are using thermal pads by myself, but i couldn't find any info in that regard.

RTX.jpg

10 hours ago, Lewik_Chlebik said:

I have my RTX 2060 for almost a year now, and I bought it second hand as a entire PC (got a good deal overall, the PC wasn't used a lot and still has active warranties). It can run hot, as most of the windforce cards, so I was thinking about replacing the thermal paste on the gpu and i have 2 questions:
1. Is it even worth replacing it with thermal grizzly kryonaut, or are they using somewhat quality thermal paste?
2. If it is worth to replace the thermal paste, are they using thermal pads under the heatsink? If so, what thickness they are, and what thermal pads should I use?
I tried to find out if they are using thermal pads by myself, but i couldn't find any info in that regard.

I would assume it uses thermal pads under the vertical metal contact plates.

Replacing them makes very little difference. Replacing the thermal paste on the GPU alone does make quite a significant improvement in performance, however not as much if the paste is still good. I would expect 5 C less. 

That being said, unless you experiencing the card dropping clocks or reaching 80C constantly, replacing the paste won't be worth loosing the warranty.  Also consider that better case airflow can lower the cards max temperature as well.

13.png

(Source: Gigabyte.com)

• 7 months later...

What is the size of gigabyte rtx 2060 windforce rev1's thermal pad? I would like to change mine. But donno the size