System reserved D:

I got an SSD recently for my computer. After cloning everything over to it I was told to shut down my computer and remove the HDD that I was previously using . I did so and everything seemed to work fine, all of my stuff transferred and the SSD was now recognized as disk C:. I then went to reinstall my HDD for extra space. Upon starting up my computer I opened task manager to make sure that my SSD was still disk C: it was but then I noticed that the HDD was now recognized as disk D: and E:. I opened up my file explorer and saw that there was a local disk C:, local disk E:, and a System Reserved D:. I then opened up disk management and saw that my HDD was being recognized as disk E: and that there were two system reserved volumes. One was labeled as D: and the other had no label like it did before installing my new SSD. Is it okay to delete the system reserved D: volume and is it alright to format my old HDD to clear it duplicate files.

here is a link to an image of my disk management if needed : https://imgur.com/a/zu8UW9L

Disk 0 is the HDD and Disk 1 is the new SDD

Unplug the HDD, and make sure the system boots first.

Also, it's SSD, not SDD.

SDD = Solid Disk Drive.

elephants

4 minutes ago, ragnarok0273 said:

Unplug the HDD, and make sure the system boots first.

Also, it's SSD, not SDD.

SDD = Solid Disk Drive.

The System boots up just fine without the HDD. 

1 minute ago, DanyDaDino said:

The System boots up just fine without the HDD. 

Then go ahead and delete those partitions - just make sure you delete the HDD and not the SSD partitions.

elephants

Just now, ragnarok0273 said:

Then go ahead and delete those partitions - just make sure you delete the HDD and not the SSD partitions.

Okay, In order to do that should I just format the HDD or manually go in and delete any folders/files that I can find?

D, E and Disk 0 partition 3

You can delete those in Disk Manager.

You will then only have the Disk 1, which is the SSD's windows partition, System Partition and "recovery" partition. (normal)

With all the free space of your D drive, free, in a single partition.

If, it doesn't let you delete them, because it contains a windows partition and Windows refuses to delete itself, even on secondary drives... You can just boot on the USB install drive of Windows 10 and delete the partition on there.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

4 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

D, E and Disk 0 partition 3

You can delete those in Disk Manager.

You will then only have the Disk 1, which is the SSD's windows partition, System Partition and "recovery" partition. (normal)

With all the free space of your D drive, free, in a single partition.

For disk 0 partition 3 when I right click in disk manager the only thing that pops up is "help" as apposed to the others which had "delete volume" as well as a handful of other options. Is there some other way to delete disk 0 partition 3 or should I just leave it alone? 

Just now, DanyDaDino said:

For disk 0 partition 3 when I right click in disk manager the only thing that pops up is "help" as apposed to the others which had "delete volume" as well as a handful of other options. Is there some other way to delete disk 0 partition 3 or should I just leave it alone? 

That's just windows being dumb and refusing to delete any "essential part" of itself... even if it's not essential and is a secondary drive.

If you still got your install usb drive for Windows, boot onto it, and delete it from that.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

3 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

That's just windows being dumb and refusing to delete any "essential part" of itself... even if it's not essential and is a secondary drive.

If you still got your install usb drive for Windows, boot onto it, and delete it from that.

I do not have that flash drive still unfortunately. However, I saw on another site that there is a clean command for the command prompt. Do you think that this would take care of it?

Just now, DanyDaDino said:

I do not have that flash drive still unfortunately. However, I saw on another site that there is a clean command for the command prompt. Do you think that this would take care of it?

Diskpart might do the job, yes. Some other third party partition tools may work as well.

4 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

Diskpart might do the job, yes. Some other third party partition tools may work as well.

That seems to have worked! Thanks for the help you two!!