Backlight bleed

JP8296

Hello
I bought a Gigabyte 27 "M27Q-EEK IPS QHD 170Hz 0.5ms monitor for gamming and photo editing, from all the reviews that I read it seemed like a very balanced monitor between price/quality/features, like most IPS and normal that there is some bleed backlight, now that I received and tested it , maybe I am being too demanding, compared to other ips that I have this seems the worst.

I pointed out the worst part although the photographs are not super reliable but you get the idea, the rest looks like IPS glow and is not as problematic as it looks in the photo.

My question is, is this normal for this monitor? Is it too much (defective)? Anyone else with this screens with the same problem?

Thanks.

IMG_20201229_131714.jpg

I can't tell from the foto (looks very over-exposed) what it looks like with your own eyes but IPS glow or Backlight bleeding in the corners is pretty normal.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

34 minutes ago, Stahlmann said:

I can't tell from the foto (looks very over-exposed) what it looks like with your own eyes but IPS glow or Backlight bleeding in the corners is pretty normal.

Yeah like i said, photos are not very reliable. Both were taken with the brightness as 60%. I'm talking about those yellowish spots, the rest sean's normal IPS glow, but, again i'm been too much  exigent for this range.

Thanks anyway

IMG_20201229_151829.jpg

Just now, JP8296 said:

Yeah like i said, photos are not very reliable. Both were taken with the brightness as 60%. I'm talking about those yellowish spots, the rest sean's normal IPS glow, but, again i'm been too much  exigent for this range.

Thanks anyway

IMG_20201229_151829.jpg

The yellowish stuff is IPS glow.

The white-blueish stuff is backlight bleed.

Can you take a picture with normal exposure? We can't make any conclusion if you overexpose the foto. Try to get it close to what you see with your eyes.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

Full dark room, not edited straight from camera.

IMG_20201229_172916.jpg