IS TRIDENT Z NEO COMPATIBLE ALONGSIDE TRIDENT Z RGB?

UPDATE: Yup, they work seamlessly as long as XMP is already enabled before installing the sticks.

Hi.

Long story short my brother bought me a G.skill 16gb 8x2 kit as a gift so I can upgrade my current G.skill sticks from 16gb to 32gb. The only problem is that I think he bought a different version.

What I currently have: G.skill Trident Z RGB 16gb 8x2 DDR4-3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 1.35V (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR)

What my brother bought me: G.skill Trident Z Neo 16gb 8x2 DDR4-3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 1.35V (F4-3200C16D-16GTZN)

Of course he’s too generous to buy me a RAM kit as Christmas gift that I don’t want to tell him that he bought me a wrong version. Both specs look very identical, so I want to ask if they’ll be compatible with each other anyway. I use XMP Profile 1 in my BIOS.

My PC Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x

MOBO: B450 Aorus Pro

GPU: Gigabyte RTX 2060 Super Gaming OC

Edited by jadriel0117
Update on the issue

On 12/25/2020 at 2:43 AM, GoodEnough said:

at the marked 3200mhz value there should be 0 issues, but you could encounter some if you were to go above that

Thanks! They work perfectly now. At first try the PC didn't boot and then after a few minutes of troubleshooting I realized I disabled my XMP before installing the sticks. Once I enabled that it booted up fine. I don't plan on going beyond 3200mhz anyway.