Flickering black lines while gaming

Jemba

I'm trying to figure out what the hell is wrong with my system, but I can't seem to find an answer, so I was hoping someone here would be able to help me, so here it goes:

While I'm gaming, sometimes a single black line flickers (sometimes even a portion of the screen) and it is really anoying, for example in the Borderlands 2 menu, once every couple of seconds the line appears and disappears. Same thing on CS:GO.

The funny thing is, I tried to record it, but while playing back the footage, there is no flickering.

I'm almost certain the problem isn't monitor related because this happens more frequently in some games while on others it doesn't happen at all.

I've tried different drivers but it still didn't help.

My graphics card is oc'd but I wouldn't expect it to be unstable at this voltage (1.250 V)

My systems specs are:

MB: Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 (rev 4.0)

CPU: AMD FX-8350 @ 4.5 GHz

GPU: MSI HD 7950 OC Twin Frozr III @ 1100 core / 1250 memory / 1.250 V

RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX Red

HDD: 320GB Western Digital HDD SATA II

PSU: NOX Urano VX650

My BIOS is updated to the latest version.

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.5 GHz  |  Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo  |  MSI Radeon HD7950 OC/BE  |  8GB Kingston HyperX Red 1866 Mhz DDR3  |  Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3  |  120GB Kingston HyperX Fury SSD  |  320GB Western Digital HDD  |  Thermaltake Core V71  |  BenQ XL2420Z + Fujistu Eco 19-5  |  Random ASUS keyboard  |  Corsair M60  | HyperX Cloud Gaming Headset

What monitor do you have?

"When in doubt, don't take your wallet out." - Dad

† TTCF Member †

Best way to exclude the monitor is to try it with a different one, can you bum a screen off someone for a while? If it doesn't do the same it'll be obvious otherwise the GPU is probably to blame.

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

Well, I just tried it with the stock GPU settings, looks like it's even worse for some reason.

I find it weird to blame the monitor since this only happens in games and not all of them. Also the fact that when I try to record it, the playback footage doesn't show the black line.

Also my monitor is a Fujitsu E19-5 ECO 19"

I should also mention that when running applications such as MSI Kombustor, OCCT, Furmark, this doesn't happen.

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.5 GHz  |  Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo  |  MSI Radeon HD7950 OC/BE  |  8GB Kingston HyperX Red 1866 Mhz DDR3  |  Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3  |  120GB Kingston HyperX Fury SSD  |  320GB Western Digital HDD  |  Thermaltake Core V71  |  BenQ XL2420Z + Fujistu Eco 19-5  |  Random ASUS keyboard  |  Corsair M60  | HyperX Cloud Gaming Headset