LOL noob

ndhero

so i've been getting into moba games lately mostly LOL but also some dota 2 because friend gift it to me to try it out.

so he taught me some of the basics of the game like how to last hit and how to build certain champions but still there are tons of things that i don't understand 

it would be very helpful if someone can let me know some of the terminology such as ADC and which lane has what roll and stuff like that 

i know the game is complicated and has high learning curve so any help could be appreciated 

ADC = attack damage carry. Basically you build damage items like BF sword -> Infinity edge or Bloodthirster. Then get some attack speed (Phantom dancer) if you rely on auto attacks + maybe some armor pen. You're normally squishy (low health) so your job is to let your tank tank the damage and you attack while trying to stay out of any attacks.

Here's the wiki for all the terms: http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/League_of_Legends_terminology

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

ADC is a ranged attack damage carry

lanes are like top, middle, bottom (of you look at the map it's easy to understand)

Linux "nerd".  If I helped you please like my post and maybe add me as a friend :)  ^_^!

so i've been getting into moba games lately mostly LOL but also some dota 2 because friend gift it to me to try it out.

so he taught me some of the basics of the game like how to last hit and how to build certain champions but still there are tons of things that i don't understand

it would be very helpful if someone can let me know some of the terminology such as ADC and which lane has what roll and stuff like that

i know the game is complicated and has high learning curve so any help could be appreciated

Top lane - Solo champ usually has a strong poke (harass attack) and can be either AP or AD (attack damage or ability power) often somewhat tanky with decent sustain (ability to stay in lane). Mid lane - Solo champ often an AP mage or some other AP champ, but can be an AD too (Yasuo comes to mind). Not lane - Duo champs an ADC and support. ADCs focus on dealing attack damage usually through High damage, attack speed, and critical chance. Supports work to protect the ADC and will often have team support abilities like buffs or CC (crowd control). Jungle - Solo champ, however starting off he gets help from the closest lane. He takes either the blue or red buff with other lanes helping (called a leash). The jungler is usually good at persuing enemy champs and strong in 1v1

There are 5 roles, top lane is usually a tanky bruiser, mid lane is usually a spell caster for some ap magic damage, you have a jungler who farms all the jungle monsters and ganks lanes to help get kills, and in the bot lane you have an adc and support, adc is a long ranged champion who builds full attack damage and attack speed and relies on auto attacks mostly, the support is there to protect the adc, and bring utility/engage to the team.

CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.4 ghz GPU: MSI 7950 Motherboard: Asrock 970 Extreme R2  RAM: Teamgroup Elite Black 8GB 1600mhz

Case: Corsair 300r Windowed Storage: 60GB Corsair SSD boot, 1TB WD Black storage PSU: Corsair GS600 Displays: AOC 22", Acer 24" both 1920x1080 60hz

Cooling: Coolermaster V8 cpu cooler Keyboard: QPAD MK50 Cherry MX Blue Mouse: Logitech G500s  Mouse Pad: Corsair MM400 Sound: Sennheiser G4ME ONE headset, Audio Technica ATH M50s

The jungler is a champion who brings along a summoner spell, smite, which damages a creature for an amount of damage that scales up with your player level. The jungler sticks to the jungle and helps his ally's lanes to try to get them ahead. Since top lane becomes a solo lane he gets ahead in level because they dont have to share exp, like the adc and support. You dont really see a jungler at lower levels though. The jungle also has 2 buffs, 4 buffs throughout the map. 2 blue buffs and 2 red buffs. The blue buff gives mana regen and cooldown reduction. The red buff has a slow and dot. The jungler usually gets the first of each, and needs help killing them at level one. One or more laners going to help kill these buffs and giving them to the jungler is called leashing.

Summary

Jungler hangs out in the jungle and helps his whole team throughout the game by ganking (trying to get a kill in a lane)

The jungler being in the jungle comes with the included advantage of giving more exp to your top lane, since it is solo.

You won't see a jungler often at lower levels.

Buffs are good.

Helping your jungler kill a buff at level 1 is called leashing.

There are 5 roles, top lane is usually a tanky bruiser, mid lane is usually a spell caster for some ap magic damage, you have a jungler who farms all the jungle monsters and ganks lanes to help get kills, and in the bot lane you have an adc and support, adc is a long ranged champion who builds full attack damage and attack speed and relies on auto attacks mostly, the support is there to protect the adc, and bring utility/engage to the team.

thank you this one is solve one of my biggest mysteries why people call certain lane