I think my CPU is OC and I didn't do anything to do have it (Ryzen 5 5600X)

Go to solution Solved by L1-,
Just now, Riot NoHigh5 said:

Oh nice. Does the PBO affect the lifespan of my CPU or can I leave it like that? 

yes PBO at the current stage for ryzen 5000 series cpu is safe. You can find more info about PBO online, its basically an automatic overclocking feature that is relatively conservative for ryzen chips, it will monitor temp and core voltage to find optimal clockspeed and voltage for your system.

Hello. I just bought the Ryzen 5600X and everything is fine but when I opened Task Manager it says that my CPU is on 4.3~GHZ IDLE and I didn't do anything to have it like that. On the website says that the base clock is 3.7 Ghz and max boost clock up to 4.6Ghz. Is this normal or did I screw up something? 

image.png.af56321ccf08980680437dae1b80872d.png

Riot NoHigh5/jcarlos314

Check your battery plan in your windows setting, high performance mode would try to run high clockspeed at all time

also the reading in task manager is not 100% correct, use software such as HWinfo64 to monitor per core clockspeed.

1 minute ago, L1- said:

Check your battery plan in your windows setting, high performance mode would try to run high clockspeed at all time

also the reading in task manager is not 100% correct, use software such as HWinfo64 to monitor per core clockspeed.

This is my Windows Battery Plan Setting:

image.thumb.png.7fb4ade4693aab24e991666d08566782.png

And this is what HWinfo64 show me

image.thumb.png.8bac7815fb6fbdb796ba11694dbac1c2.png

Riot NoHigh5/jcarlos314

1 minute ago, Riot NoHigh5 said:

This is my Windows Battery Plan Setting:

image.thumb.png.7fb4ade4693aab24e991666d08566782.png

And this is what HWinfo64 show me

image.thumb.png.8bac7815fb6fbdb796ba11694dbac1c2.png

Everything looks fine, the reason it is showing 4.39 ish in task manager is that the reading there is avg clockspeed among all cores. From your screenshot I assume that you have enabled PBO in your motherboard which boost clockspeed per core corresponding to the amount of work load.

2 minutes ago, L1- said:

Everything looks fine, the reason it is showing 4.39 ish in task manager is that the reading there is avg clockspeed among all cores. From your screenshot I assume that you have enabled PBO in your motherboard which boost clockspeed per core corresponding to the amount of work load.

Oh nice. Does the PBO affect the lifespan of my CPU or can I leave it like that? 

Riot NoHigh5/jcarlos314

Just now, Riot NoHigh5 said:

yes PBO at the current stage for ryzen 5000 series cpu is safe. You can find more info about PBO online, its basically an automatic overclocking feature that is relatively conservative for ryzen chips, it will monitor temp and core voltage to find optimal clockspeed and voltage for your system.

9 minutes ago, L1- said:

Thank you so much for the help!

Riot NoHigh5/jcarlos314