ASUS ROG STRIX B550-F board won't boot with DOCP.

monty488

Hey guys,
I recently built my pc with the asus rog strix b550-f gaming wifi motherboard and with the hyperx fury rgb 3200mhz ram. However, I've come across a weird issue. Whenever i enable DOCP in the bios settings, the pc runs fine at the ram speed of 3200mhz, and when I shut down and power it back on it still all works fine. However, whenever I unplug the psu from power (when ive shut down my pc) and then turn it back on when i plug it back in, the motherboard won't boot and it gets stuck on the orange led on the motherboard (which i believe means a DRAM issue). When i do a bios flashback to the latest bios firmware im able to boot into the pc again. This only happens when i have DOCP enabled and i unplug the psu when my pc is off, if i have DOCP off the computer works fine even if i unplug the psu from power. Any ideas whats causing this issue?

I had the same issue on gigabyte aorus pro v2 + 5800x + 3200 trident Z - download the newest bios. Was a USB/sata issue.. https://rog.asus.com/motherboards/rog-strix/rog-strix-b550-f-gaming-model/helpdesk_bios/

If you already got the newest bios, you must wait for a fix. Or you could try setting timings and DRAM voltage manually, 1.35v, find timings in aida64 > motherboard > SPD, write down or take picture go to bios.

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

Ahh okay, I still kept getting the same issue with the latest bios firmware but ill try the aida64 method you mentioned and see if that will fix it.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/11/2020 at 9:37 AM, monty488 said:

Ahh okay, I still kept getting the same issue with the latest bios firmware but ill try the aida64 method you mentioned and see if that will fix it.

Did it work? im having the same issue, once i unplug de psu and plug it back, the system wont  boot until i press the reset button and then boot normally

I'm having this same issue but I can't get back into BIOS, no matter what I try.  The DRAM LED on the motherboard stays on (constant) and other than the first time I got into BIOS (when I turned on DOCP) I haven't gotten past a black screen.

System is:

- ASUS TUF Gaming X570-Pro

- G.Skill FlareX 3200 CL14 16GB (2x 8GB)

- Ryzen 5 5600X

- Intel 665p 1TB M.2 nvme

- WD Blue 1TB HDD (old drive ported from previous pc - tried with it unplugged)

- ASUS GTX 1650 Super (placeholder from old computer)

On 1/6/2021 at 4:15 PM, Woodsi said:

Did it work? im having the same issue, once i unplug de psu and plug it back, the system wont  boot until i press the reset button and then boot normally

Sadly, setting the timings manually did not fix the issue. I'm on bios version 1401 (i believe ASUS removed this version off their site idk why). However tho there is a new bios version 1602 beta, you could try and flash that one and see if it fixes the issue. 

• 3 months later...
On 12/11/2020 at 9:37 PM, monty488 said:

hey, did you fix the issue? i have the same problem here, but in my case, it wont boot at all. the dram light always on

• 2 weeks later...

I'm facing the same issue on my ASUS B550-E gaming when I enable D.O.C.P everything work fine my system boot up normally it doesn't matter how many time I restart my system it boot up normally but when I unplug my PSU and then turn on my pc it show DRAM light and don't show any display unless I clear CMOS.
Does any one find the solution for this issue?