Mounting like such will it be appropriate?

sze_nian
Go to solution Solved by Intervalence,

It's fine  :P If you're going to be transporting your system I suggest you mount it more securely or in a hard drive cage.

My friends told me that i mount like this will cause the ssd lower part to be hot. Isit true? or is it matter if the ssd runs hot? and how hot will it be.

I use double sided tape and stick the Intel 530ssd onto the Obsidian 650D hdd cage.

post-1107-0-74571600-1394941827.jpg

My 2013 First Build
Processor : Intel i7 3930K | Motherboard : Asus Rampage IV GENE | RAM : 2x Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz 2x4GB Kit (Mix color black and red) | Graphics : Asus GTX 680 Direct CU II OC | SSD : Intel 520 Series 120GB | Cooler : Corsair H100i | PSU : Corsair AX760 | Chassis : Corsair Obsidian 650D | Mouse : Razer Mamba 4G Edition | Keyboard : Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 2013

It's fine  :P If you're going to be transporting your system I suggest you mount it more securely or in a hard drive cage.

SSDs only really generate geat when excessively writing (which isn't often on a boot drive) and also, they can withstand heat. You can put an SSD anywhere in a system and you won't need to worry about it overheating.

You friends are very mistaken.

Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Intel Core i7 4790k | Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming GT                              Notebook: Dell XPS 13

16GB Kingston HyperX Fury | 2x Asus GeForce GTX 680 OC SLI | Corsair H60 2013

Seasonic Platinum 1050W | 2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB RAID 0 | WD 1TB & 2TB Green                                 dat 1080p-ness

it should be ok temps on a ssd wont damage it just make sure its secure if you move your case

"I've been mad for fucking years, absolutely years, I've been over the edge for yonks..."

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us are...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."

"There is no dark side of the moon really. Matter of fact it's all dark."

Just make sure to attach it with Velcro or something similar.

Case: Lian Li PC011-D - CPU: 3900x - GPU: 2080ti Reference - Mobo: Gigabyte - Ram: Corsair 4x16gb 3200MHz - SSD: 2TB Samsung Evo NVME

Thanks for the reply. my pc wount be transport around i think.

SSDs only really generate geat when excessively writing (which isn't often on a boot drive) and also, they can withstand heat. You can put an SSD anywhere in a system and you won't need to worry about it overheating.

You friends are very mistaken.

Thanks. The HDD wount effect the ssd right? example maybe some other thing such as magnets n etc.

it should be ok temps on a ssd wont damage it just make sure its secure if you move your case

Thanks. previously also put the ssd into the second cage, where direct airflow is restricted from the cage.

Just make sure to attach it with Velcro or something similar.

Thanks. Using double sided tape, its firm but need some force if want to peel off. xD

My 2013 First Build
Processor : Intel i7 3930K | Motherboard : Asus Rampage IV GENE | RAM : 2x Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz 2x4GB Kit (Mix color black and red) | Graphics : Asus GTX 680 Direct CU II OC | SSD : Intel 520 Series 120GB | Cooler : Corsair H100i | PSU : Corsair AX760 | Chassis : Corsair Obsidian 650D | Mouse : Razer Mamba 4G Edition | Keyboard : Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 2013

Thanks. The HDD wount effect the ssd right? example maybe some other thing such as magnets n etc.

There won't be any issues. You've got nothing to worry about.

Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Intel Core i7 4790k | Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming GT                              Notebook: Dell XPS 13

16GB Kingston HyperX Fury | 2x Asus GeForce GTX 680 OC SLI | Corsair H60 2013

Seasonic Platinum 1050W | 2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB RAID 0 | WD 1TB & 2TB Green                                 dat 1080p-ness