My new/used wall mounted PC

lexidobe

Hello everyone, I just built a wall mounted computer out of used parts I had laying around and I am wondering what you think of it. 

I built this computer as an early Christmas gift for my disabled grandma because she needed a decent computer and doesn't have money to build something modern and expensive, so I built her one out of parts I had laying around since I am a bit of a hoarder. She doesn't need an ultra powerful gaming system, just something that will browse the web, play videos, and run basic online games reasonably well. So here's what I came up with:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6700

Motherboard: EVGA 790i Ultra SLI 

RAM: 8GB mix and match DDR3 

Storage: Sandisk 120GB SSD 

GPU: XFX R7 240 

Power supply: Corsair HX750i 

The only changes I plan to mount the PSU to the wall too and I may add a DVD drive so she can watch movies on it, but other than that it runs great and serves its purpose perfectly fine. Here's a pic of it. Questions and feedback are welcome as always! 😀 

new build.jpg

If you do get a DVD/Blu-Ray/HD DVD(?)/Blu-Ray+HD DVD (LG GGC-H20L) drive, make sure it has the tabs so the disc doesn't fall out.

Otherwise, good job!

elephants

16 minutes ago, ragnarok0273 said:

If you do get a DVD/Blu-Ray/HD DVD(?)/Blu-Ray+HD DVD (LG GGC-H20L) drive, make sure it has the tabs so the disc doesn't fall out.

Otherwise, good job!

That is a great point, thank you for the suggestion! Would the drive work okay sideways or should I mount it right side up?