Choosing Intel over AMD

kennnzu

Budget (including currency): Restricted but no figure yet

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: unsure

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 10400F, 3600, 2060 Super

I know you folks would say why buy Intel nowadays. Simple, the pricing and and taxes here in my country.

Here, 10400F is around USD180 and 3600 is around USD230. I don't know why AMD is more expensive here, seriously.

It's really hard, I would like go with 10600KF(USD260) or 10600K(USD292) but I plan it as an upgrade since I'm on a restricted budget. Even 3600XT(USD260) is an option as well, but since the Ryzen 5000(specifically the 5600X) series came, it's well overpriced here as we speak(USD395).

So, can 10400F would actually help me as my first build? Will it bottleneck with a 2060 super which is my option for GPU.

P.S. I would like to use a 2060 Super, specifically RTX2060S-8G-EVO-GAMING, if ever I can get the Advance but not the OC variant(too expensive).

*I've chosen the Advance GPU variant here as the original ASUS Strix 2060 Super is not showing on the list, and it has the nearest comparison in my opinion

AMD Build: 

The AMD and Intel builds are basically the same price actually. (Thanks to the cheaper mobos and CPU coolers!)

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

21 minutes ago, Downkey said:

AMD Build: 

The AMD and Intel builds are basically the same price actually. (Thanks to the cheaper mobos and CPU coolers!)

Thanks for the tip, good sir. However this is not the answer I'm looking for. I've added the list to serve as a basis of my build. The lists that you have provided almost doubled the prices of the components if I will buy this here in my country. 3060Ti here cost around 750USD, Meshify C costs 140USD. So that's the reason why I asked if the performance that the 2060 Super will not overpower the 10400/10400F.

Just now, kennnzu said:

Thanks for the tip, good sir. However this is not the answer I'm looking for. I've added the list to get the build view. The lists that you have provided almost doubled the prices of the components if I will buy this here in my country. 3060Ti here cost around 750USD, Meshify C costs 140USD. So that's the reason why I asked if the performance that the 2060 Super will not overpower the 10400/10400F.

Hm. Okay; So the 10400f def won't bottleneck the 2060super. Also the reason the 3060 is so expensive is because it's being scalped.

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

5 minutes ago, Downkey said:

Hm. Okay; So the 10400f def won't bottleneck the 2060super. Also the reason the 3060 is so expensive is because it's being scalped.

You're right, that's probably the reason why most RTX 30 series are scarce due to this fiasco on going. I wish if my country doesn't suck when it comes to pricing these components. Heck I would love to get me either a 10900K/5900X then pair it with either a 2080Ti or 3080. Haha

where do you live?

here in cebu city. i managed to get an Aorus 5700xt for around 20k... its similarly priced to the 2060 Super and even beats it in most games

There is no such thing as a bad PC, there are only BETTER PCs