Need some help

Cyrusmydog

Hey all, just wondering what these are on my wall in my new place (were here when i moved in). I was wondering if its got anything to do with ethernet. Thanks in advance 

423F7391-F145-4ABB-9732-F4A0AFA6FAB1.jpeg

4BDFE2BB-B9E1-47D4-80C2-8FA918A20834.jpeg

1 minute ago, ragnarok0273 said:

Those look like Ethernet jacks to me.

See if they are pre-wired or not.

That just plugging an ethernet from the modem to the lounge plug then into the pc in the room?

15 minutes ago, ragnarok0273 said:

Those look like Ethernet jacks to me.

See if they are pre-wired or not.

I plugged into that and then into the ones in the room no success. Would there be something under the house that controls all of these ports? Again thanks in advance

2 hours ago, Cyrusmydog said:

I plugged into that and then into the ones in the room no success. Would there be something under the house that controls all of these ports? Again thanks in advance

probably not under the house, basement maybe it may be terminated at a patch panel (a bunch of Ethernet jacks on a panel) some ware or left unterminated in the attic or some other area like a closet, you will have to hunt it down, look for a bunch of blue cables

3 hours ago, Cyrusmydog said:

Depends on the region of the world that you live in and what are the common practices for wiring ethernet in the home. Looking at the wall outlets, I'm getting a European vibe.

In order to utilize the ports, you'll need to determine where their respective cables terminate. This might be in a utility patch panel at a location in the house where your ISP connection enters your house. That part would need to be hooked up to your modem/router/gateway in order to utilize the ethernet ports elsewhere.

17 hours ago, Falcon1986 said:

Depends on the region of the world that you live in and what are the common practices for wiring ethernet in the home. Looking at the wall outlets, I'm getting a European vibe.

In order to utilize the ports, you'll need to determine where their respective cables terminate. This might be in a utility patch panel at a location in the house where your ISP connection enters your house. That part would need to be hooked up to your modem/router/gateway in order to utilize the ethernet ports elsewhere.

Yeah im in New Zealand haha i should’ve mentioned that. Im guessing under the house, since all the outside is bricks and there is a fair amount of space underneath. Thanks for the help guys 😁😁

Would that be this? Sorry im not the most familiar with this kinda thing 

image.jpg

2 hours ago, Cyrusmydog said:

Would that be this? Sorry im not the most familiar with this kinda thing 

image.jpg

No that is a fiber optic termination, so if your neighbor gets fiber a shorter piece is ran from there to the neighbor. It is not outside, likely in a closet look near your breaker box, it could be there. In the picture that you showed the jacks they went down through the floor, so first floor? basement? try to follow it as much as you can

On 12/6/2020 at 8:57 PM, cole0622 said:

No that is a fiber optic termination, so if your neighbor gets fiber a shorter piece is ran from there to the neighbor. It is not outside, likely in a closet look near your breaker box, it could be there. In the picture that you showed the jacks they went down through the floor, so first floor? basement? try to follow it as much as you can

Under the house is just empty space, no other floor just dirt. But since the lines run under there I’m going to assume its there. Ive checked everywhere inside so its the last place i haven’t checked. Just need to find my torch lol