Persistent dismounting USB3 issue

Soundcrank Audio

I have recurring issue with my PC where randomly, Windows makes the sound it makes when you unplug a USB device, sometimes every 10 seconds. This happens even with no USB devices plugged into the system.
I am pretty sure the issue is only related to my USB3 ports as anytime it happens, all devices in a USB3 (both case and MoBo ports) port crashes and resets after 6ish seconds of it happening., while anything plugged into any other USB port works fine. If I am playing a game when it happens, it causes the game to force close, sometimes results in a BSOD.
This has been an issue ever since I built the system and have tried to rule out as much as I can. Tried BIOS updates, chipset driver updates, windows updates, GPU driver updates and it still persists.

System Specs:
AMD Ryzen 9 3900X
64 GB G.Skill Trident Neo @ 3600 MHz
Asus PRIME X570 Pro - BIOS Version 2816
Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super OC Edition
Corsair RM850x
Windows 10 Home 64 bit version 2004

4 minutes ago, zhnu said:

Sounds like something is triggering the usb ESD protection, either a device or something in contact with the ports, I don't remember 100% but I think there's a option in bios to disable that.

If something is triggering it this persistently, wouldn't it be potentially dangerous to the system to disable that? Surely it can't be a device if the issue happens with nothing plugged into any USB port

5 minutes ago, zhnu said:

There's still normally a protection fuse that will avoid over-current and static discharges. You can always try unplugging 1 by 1 see if you find the culprit.

It happens with no devices plugged in though. 

7 minutes ago, zhnu said:

Also if you have one of those RGB hubs that connect to the usb headers disconnect that just for discarding culprits.

Actually, you could be onto something. I have a Corsair Commander Pro and Corsair LL120 fans. My Keyboard is a Corsair K95 so all are connected via the Corsair iCue software. If I plug the keyboardd into any USB3 port, the fans ramp upto full speed, the RGB effect crashes and everything running the Corsair iCue software stops working until it comes back on.

I have however, disabled the ESD Protection and the problem is still occurring

5 minutes ago, zhnu said:

Disconnect the Hub discard suspects. :)

Will do, I'll give that a try. I have just found though in my USB settings that on only the USB 3 ports, the Power Management settings had the setting "Allow Winders to put port to sleep to save power" enabled. - I think this could be the issue. If that doesn't sort it, next I will try the RGB controller and get back to you.
I really appreciate the help :)

If not power saving issue then could be the life span of the USB could be ending soon.

So problem is still persisting. Next to try is unhooking the RGB controller. It''s 5am and I've lost enough hair as is, I'll try again tomorrow, thanks for the help so far though everyone

1 hour ago, Inachu said:

If not power saving issue then could be the life span of the USB could be ending soon.

I would hope not, all parts are only a month over a year old

Well I have had similar problems in the past and that has been due to a bad connection with a USB device. If a mouse or a keyboard has bad connection either at the device or the connection end or a broken cable. If a USB stick is bent or if the USB port on the PC is damaged (bent, broken etc) but I also suspect it can be a driver issue or even a Windows issue. I had USB problems with Windows on XP where reinstalling the OS helped.

I would inspect carefully all the USB devices and USB ports with a flashlight (internal and external) and look for any sort of damage or things stuck inside.

10 hours ago, aDoomGuy said:

Well I have had similar problems in the past and that has been due to a bad connection with a USB device. If a mouse or a keyboard has bad connection either at the device or the connection end or a broken cable. If a USB stick is bent or if the USB port on the PC is damaged (bent, broken etc) but I also suspect it can be a driver issue or even a Windows issue. I had USB problems with Windows on XP where reinstalling the OS helped.

I would inspect carefully all the USB devices and USB ports with a flashlight (internal and external) and look for any sort of damage or things stuck inside.

I know this isn't the issue, this problem happens with all USB ports empty and has been happening since the PC was first built