Assistance Disabling Touch Screen - HP Pavilion x360 m3

AFKHero

Hi All,

My cousin has a laptop (model) above that has a touchscreen that is on the fritz making inputs like spaz.  This issue has been on-going for about 2 years for her.  In the past I have been able to get into device manager and disable to driver for the touchscreen and she can use the laptop with no issues.  The problem is, every time windows updates it re-enables the driver and the issue comes back.  At this point the touchscreen is making inputs at a fast enough rate I cannot log into windows and get into device manager and disable the touch screen.  Does anyone know if this can be disabled through bios or if there is another way to resolve this issue without going in through windows?

Thank you,

I had this issue as well.

Try booting in Safe Mode. I don't remember if that's how you disable touchscreens or not.

elephants

Wow, I'm doing a bad job at that.

elephants

I was able to get this resolved by plugging in things externally (monitor/keyboard) while leaving the lid closed and getting in through device manager to disable it.  I was then able to get into registry edit and found the DWords that enable the touchscreen function and set them to 0.  I then renabled the driver just to test that the registry edits indeed did disable the touchscreen inputs.  If I remember correctly from last night the were in...

currentuser/software/microsoft/wisp/touch

I also did the same thing in the local machine registry.  I  used TouchGate on local machine and created a new DWord called TouchGate for current user.

Glad it worked, I hadn't been into the Regedit in a while.