1st build - NEED HELP

Koshness

Hello everyone, any help that can be offered here will be greatly appreciated! So I've decided to jump back to pc for gaming for alot of reasons. However I've read and heard alot of horror stories about pre builds so I'm going to build my own. The last time I tinkered with a PC was with a 386...sad I know. So I'm currently shopping for a PC cooler which I intend to use on the ryzen. 9 5900x I will hopefully secure soon. I'm wanting to use noctua dh15 as per several LTT videos I've watched. Problem is I don't now if it will be compatible with my case I purchased. Is there anyone out there who can tell me if the cooler will fit in my xpg battle cruiser atx mid tower case? From what I've read I there is decent clearance for most ram. I'm using a Asus TUF x570 pro with WiFi MOBO. Any help would be appreciated. 

Euhm why the 5900x for gaming? If that is all you are doing a 5600x will give you basically the same performance in every game. The tuf board is a more expensive board but there are better ones for the same price and even cheaper.

The case you are choosing has poor airflow and you should consider something else to avoid higher temps and lower performance.

The nhd 15 is a good cooler but you really don't need something that big for a 5900x (or the suggested 5600x) a sycthe fuma 2 is cheaper and only 2 degrees behind the noctua in terms of cooling but it is a lot smaller and you won't have to worry about stuff fitting then.

1 minute ago, jaslion said:

Euhm why the 5900x for gaming? If that is all you are doing a 5600x will give you basically the same performance in every game. The tuf board is a more expensive board but there are better ones for the same price and even cheaper.

The case you are choosing has poor airflow and you should consider something else to avoid higher temps and lower performance.

The nhd 15 is a good cooler but you really don't need something that big for a 5900x (or the suggested 5600x) a sycthe fuma 2 is cheaper and only 2 degrees behind the noctua in terms of cooling but it is a lot smaller and you won't have to worry about stuff fitting then.

I agree 50%

5900x for gaming is overkill YES. Idd also get a 5600x and put the saved $$ at the GPU.

However the NH D15 is an excellent choice! Super silent, no matter what you throw at it. Also absolut perfect quality :) 

FOLDING MONTH 2021! GOGOGO and save on some heating costs 🙂

20 minutes ago, Metallus97 said:

I agree 50%

5900x for gaming is overkill YES. Idd also get a 5600x and put the saved $$ at the GPU.

However the NH D15 is an excellent choice! Super silent, no matter what you throw at it. Also absolut perfect quality :) 

It is a good choice but so is the fuma 2, the ninja 5, the dark rock pro 4,...

53 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Thanks so much for the quick response and suggestions. Based on everything I read the case I choose had amazing airflow but like I said , I haven't kept up with this stuff in a very long time. Is there a case you'd suggest I look at? Also, what Mobo are you suggesting? Bare in mind I will be buying a 3080 as my gpu. 

14 minutes ago, Koshness said:

Thanks so much for the quick response and suggestions. Based on everything I read the case I choose had amazing airflow but like I said , I haven't kept up with this stuff in a very long time. Is there a case you'd suggest I look at? Also, what Mobo are you suggesting? Bare in mind I will be buying a 3080 as my gpu. 

The b550 aorus pro is usual 150 or less and that would be as expensive as I would go. Case the nr600 is a good subtle case