Need help Upgrading my current PC

Hi guys i could really do with some help as i'v never built a PC or upgraded one before and my current one is something i bought from Cyberpower UK

Budget: £1000 is what i hope to spend but can go to £2000 maximum 

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Metro 1-2-3, Stellaris (lots of mods), Hoi4 (Mods), GTA 5, The Outer Worlds and the new Resident Evil games etc.

Other details Current PC

Operating System
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit
CPU
    Intel Core i5 9500 @ 3.00GHz
    Coffee Lake 14nm Technology
RAM
    16.0GB Dual-Channel Unknown @ 1064MHz (15-15-15-36)
Motherboard
    ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. PRIME H310M-K R2.0 (LGA1151)
Graphics
    DELL SE2219H (1920x1080@60Hz)
    4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 (MSI)
Storage
    447GB SSD
    1863GB HDD
Powersupply: Cooler Master MWE 400W 80+ Power Supply

Case: Cooler Master MasterBox MB511 Mid Tower High Air Flow Gaming Case

Why are you upgrading?

My games keep crashing don't think my current PC is up to the job of running them also hoping to do stuff across multiple screens (Gaming while watching youtube or a movie ect)

I don't really understand how to find what is compatible with my current tech so i'm worried i might get something that won't work with everything else

Edit: I'm also looking for a Long Ethernet Cable that doesn't break so easily i need to run it upstairs

Thanks for any help

DK1994

Edited by DevilKing1994

31 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

That is a really good idea. But I would recommend buying a better power supply (850 W or above) because hardware tends to become more and more power-hungry. This way you PSU will be future proof for coming upgrades 

1 minute ago, King of Com3dy said:

hardware tends to become more and more power-hungry.

that's not really true. it's only the high end 3000 series of gpus from nvidia that are more power hungry, the 3080 and 3090. everything else is normal.

14 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

that's not really true. it's only the high end 3000 series of gpus from nvidia that are more power hungry, the 3080 and 3090. everything else is normal.

Thank you for bringing this up! You have a point here (I did not have the 3070 stats in mind), even though RTX 3070 and 3060 Ti are a bit more power hungry than their predecessors (2070 Super: 215 W vs. 3070: 220 W).

But when speaking about something being future proof I also have in mind an upgrade from a 3070 to a 4080 for example. In my opinion it would be quite a bummer if I would have to get a new power supply to make such an upgrade.

But on the other hand I think this really comes down to personal preference.

3 hours ago, King of Com3dy said:

I have made pretty good experience with sleeved cables, and if 15 Meters is enough for you, you may give this ethernet cable a shot.

Sadly i need one at 25 Meters instead but that one looks good

15 hours ago, DevilKing1994 said:

Sadly i need one at 25 Meters instead but that one looks good

Than you may give this one a shot (available in black or white and up to 30 Meters long)