Random crash issue with "critical Kernel-Power 41 (63)" error

pixelruins

My PC is crashing randomly when I'm playing games and when I look at event viewer I see several error and critical messages. The key one that jumped out at me was the "critical Kernel-Power 41 (63)". On investigating this some suggested it may be the power supply, I have since replaced the PSU and the issue is still happening.

Does anyone have any suggestions on the next step to diagnose this problem?

I have attached a screenshot of event viewer from a recent crash, please let me know if supplying more data from the event viewer will help.

Specs:

B450 Tomahawk Max

Thermaltake Smart 600W Power Supply 80+ gold (This is the new one I just replaced)

Ryzen 5 3600

Gigabyte 5700xt

Gigabyte M.2 512gb storage

Corsair 16gb ram

Windows 10 pro 64bit

Further info:

GPU and bios drivers upto date

XMP default profile was on but since turned off and problem still persists

I only use this PC for gaming so may crash under other loads but haven't tested. Does not crash while idle.

Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Event_viewer_crash.jpg

Just want to say it looks like I am having the exact same issues as you? My PC also crashed today and my event logger has the same error and my XMP also reset to off and I even got new ram and it still persists 

5 minutes ago, pcrandom9 said:

Just want to say it looks like I am having the exact same issues as you? My PC also crashed today and my event logger has the same error and my XMP also reset to off and I even got new ram and it still persists 

My crash is just a hard reset I don't have the boot time issue like you and I don't share any similar hardware by the look of it but hopefully someone has a suggestions that will resolve both our issues with this same error.

Just now, pixelruins said:

My crash is just a hard reset I don't have the boot time issue like you and I don't share any similar hardware by the look of it but hopefully someone has a suggestions that will resolve both our issues with this same error.

When it crashes does your screen just freeze and you are forced to switch off the computer or does it shut down by itself?

Just now, pcrandom9 said:

When it crashes does your screen just freeze and you are forced to switch off the computer or does it shut down by itself?

Shuts down and resets by itself.