Second DIMM slot malfunction

Hi, new forum user but avid tech user here. I was recently installing my old, but good, memory in a friends absolute garbage computer. They have a single stick of 8gb memory from HyperX 2600~mhz but I'm switching them to my 2x8gb 2133mhz Viper memory. Speed isn't their issue with memory, they just like having lots of things open at the same time.

Issue: Anytime there's any memory in the second DIMM slot, the computer acts as if both slots are empty. If I put 1 stick into the first slot, boots fine, recognized the new memory, the other stick as well in the first drive, boots fine. But if I only have one stick in the second slot, or GOD FORBID, a stick in both slots, the computer simply doesn't boot, E.G as it would without any memory in it. There isn't a debug light or sound since this is a old barebones build, and from the information I have on the Motherboard, it supports dual channel. And yes, the board and RAM are both DDR4. I have got into BIOS when I had one stick in, and the computer shows both slots on hardware info.

Thanks again for any help.

Edit: motherboard is a gigabyte h110m-a for anyone wondering. The RAM I am installing is two identical models and no pins are bent on the slots.