CPU Bottleneck ?

Plexus
Go to solution Solved by RadiatingLight,

4770K is a wonderful CPU and won't bottleneck any of those cards.

Just now, Plexus said:

Then i read in some forums that the CPU can bottleneck because the GPU is too powerful to handle, is this true ? 

Kinda.

a well-balanced CPU and GPU is what's important. The point of worrying about bottlenecks is that you don't want to get a GPU that's so fast that it is wasted on your CPU. If you got an RTX 3080 for example, the GPU would be so fast that it would always be waiting on your CPU to process more data, and so it wouldn't be used to its full potential. So in your system, an RTX 3080 and RTX 3070 might perform very similarly, since they are both super-powerful and would be waiting on the CPU. (especially in lower resolutions where the CPU has to work harder).

Keep in mind that no matter what graphics card you put into it, nothing can decrease performance of the CPU.

3 minutes ago, Plexus said:

What do you guys advise me in my current situation ?

You still have a great system. I'd buy either a GTX 1660 Super, or maybe try for a used GTX 1070? (in fact, I'm currently using a 4770K with a GTX 1070).

It's not a great time to buy new GPUs right now, but you might have good luck on the used market for a GTX 1070.

Hello fellow gamers and non gamers

So recently my EVGA GTX 770 died and now i have to buy a new GPU, so i went looking and i found the GTX 1650S and GTX 1660S, both catch my attention. Then i read in some forums that the CPU can bottleneck because the GPU is too powerful to handle, is this true ? 
I used this web site to https://pc-builds.com/calculator , but i have seen in some forums that this site is utter lies.
My CPU is i7 4770k and i have 16GB RAM, 2x8 

2 minutes ago, Plexus said:

Hello fellow gamers and non gamers

So recently my EVGA GTX 770 died and now i have to buy a new GPU, so i went looking and i found the GTX 1650S and GTX 1660S, both catch my attention. Then i read in some forums that the CPU can bottleneck because the GPU is too powerful to handle, is this true ? 
I used this web site to https://pc-builds.com/calculator , but i have seen in some forums that this site is utter lies.
My CPU is i7 4770k and i have 16GB RAM, 2x8 

That site is a complete lie, and is totally inaccurate. If you have the budget i'd wait about a week or two, and buy the RX 5600XT. It's basically an RTX 2060 for around 250 - 300.

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

4770K is a wonderful CPU and won't bottleneck any of those cards.

Just now, Plexus said:

Then i read in some forums that the CPU can bottleneck because the GPU is too powerful to handle, is this true ? 

Kinda.

a well-balanced CPU and GPU is what's important. The point of worrying about bottlenecks is that you don't want to get a GPU that's so fast that it is wasted on your CPU. If you got an RTX 3080 for example, the GPU would be so fast that it would always be waiting on your CPU to process more data, and so it wouldn't be used to its full potential. So in your system, an RTX 3080 and RTX 3070 might perform very similarly, since they are both super-powerful and would be waiting on the CPU. (especially in lower resolutions where the CPU has to work harder).

Keep in mind that no matter what graphics card you put into it, nothing can decrease performance of the CPU.

3 minutes ago, Plexus said:

You still have a great system. I'd buy either a GTX 1660 Super, or maybe try for a used GTX 1070? (in fact, I'm currently using a 4770K with a GTX 1070).

It's not a great time to buy new GPUs right now, but you might have good luck on the used market for a GTX 1070.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

And what brand should i get the card ? Is their alot of differences between brands ?

Thanks alot for the replies ! 
Best regards 

20 minutes ago, Plexus said:

And what brand should i get the card ? Is their alot of differences between brands ?

Thanks alot for the replies ! 
Best regards 

Nope, not big differences at all, especially if you don't plan to overclock.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4