Help figuring what's wrong with GPU

F1nnegan

Yesterday I recieved returned PC from one of my customers. Of course he didn't package it whatsoever so the GPU was ripped out of the slot and was bashed around in the case :T I plug it into a computer and I get two colorful artifacts on screen. I was wondering if this fixable at all and what part is damaged? The card is an MSI Armor RX 580 4GB. There is no visual damage from the outside. I'm now at a $200 loss and Paypal doesn't deduct anything from his refund :/

ok first, try taking off the fans and crap and see if hes damaged some motherboard of the gpu or the gpu cores itself, then try installing new drivers

16 minutes ago, ComputerBuilder said:

ok first, try taking off the fans and crap and see if hes damaged some motherboard of the gpu or the gpu cores itself, then try installing new drivers

This is what the it looks like. The chipped cap stands out most to me though i don’t know what it is. Also, when I boot i cannot do anything let alone update drivers

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

That chipped thing (inductor) is the whole issue here. They are very fragile and hard to replace too. You cant find an imprint of their model. Try pulling the component wiring from msi. If you can solder it would increase a lot of chances.

13 minutes ago, RyZen3200G said:

That chipped thing (inductor) is the whole issue here. They are very fragile and hard to replace too. You cant find an imprint of their model. Try pulling the component wiring from msi. If you can solder it would increase a lot of chances.

I see. Thank you I feel better knowing what the problem was.