Help!! Screen blacking out randomly

Rhaoma

Hi

I just got a new computer, and since the GPU was delayed i temporarily had another less powerful GPU

in it. The PC worked just fine until at got the new GPU: A Gigabyte Geforce GTX 1050 TI LOW OC. It seemed to work just fine, but when i run relatively light stuff like Minecraft

the screen turns black randomly. That has kinda led me to believe that its a overheating issue, and i thought it was the GPU but the temps seems fine. I am however more concerned about the motherboards fan (see picture) since it doesn't spin and seems quite hot.

Specs:

AMD Ryzen 3 3900x

Gigabyte Geforce GTX 1050 TI LOW OC 4GB

Gigabyte Aorus x570 Elite

Corsair TX650 PSU

Tp-link Archer T4E wireless WiFI adapter

Corsair Vengeance 4 x 16 GB

As I'm honestly a beginner i would really appreciate any help or suggestions offered.

Thanks in advance!

Gigabyre Fan.png

That's just a chipset fan. Almost all mobos have the chipset passively cooled, so no need to worry if your fan isn't always on.

Did you DDU old drivers and install the right ones when you upgraded your GPU? What are your CPU and GPU temps like under load?

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

What Powersupley do you have?

Any Help is appricated! Please correct me if I´m wrong!

Sorry for grammer/spelling mistakes, but english is not my native language (it´s german in case you were curious) *expand to see builds*

Primary PC: CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | GPU: Crossfire Radeon 6870 + 6850 | RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance 2X16 = 32GB @ 3600MHZ DDR4 | MOBO: ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F | COOLER: COOLER MASTER ML360R | CASE: DEEPCOOL Matrexx 55 V3 ADD-RGB | PSU: GIGABYTE P850GM 80+ GOLD | SDD: CRUCIAL MX500 250GB |

Everything thats not colourful I haven't bought yet.

Secondary PC(Currently not operational): CPU:  INTEL Q8200S @ 2.33Ghz | GPU: GTX 750 ti / 760 | RAM: 4X2 = 8GB @ 800MHZ DDR2 OCZ Platinum | MOBO: ASUS P5E-VM SE | COOLER: Be Quiet! Silent Loop 280* | CASE: DEEPCOOL Matrexx 55 V3 ADD-RGB* | PSU: CORSAIR RM850 2019 80+ GOLD* | SSD: CRUCIAL MX500 250GB* 

Everything marked with * is what I bought for the Primary PC and I'm just using it until I get all the parts.

3 hours ago, kelvinhall05 said:

What are your CPU and GPU temps like under load?

This is not under any real stress(see picture). But occasionally the CPU Vcore voltage jumps to 1,456V isn't that a bit much? I also just pulled a bios update on the motherboard and i have installed the newest GPU drivers from Nvidia as recommended by Gigabytes website, but the problem still persists 😞

I haven't uninstalled any old drivers as i don't know how to, and haven't had it necessary ever before

image.png.268bd6bfe67733b6c61af69dab30fa28.png

7 minutes ago, Rhaoma said:

This is not under any real stress(see picture). But occasionally the CPU Vcore voltage jumps to 1,456V isn't that a bit much? I also just pulled a bios update on the motherboard and i have installed the newest GPU drivers from Nvidia as recommended by Gigabytes website, but the problem still persists 😞

I haven't uninstalled any old drivers as i don't know how to, and haven't had it necessary ever before

You need to check your temps under load, and you need to uninstall your old drivers with DDU. Then try installing the latest ones.

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

This is my temps with only browser and Minecraft ru nning, over the span of about 20 min were the screen blacked out about 20 times

36 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

You need to check your temps under load

image.thumb.png.61ab5c25424beaa88e87de58a088b839.png

1 minute ago, Rhaoma said:

This is my temps with only browser and Minecraft ru nning, over the span of about 20 min were the screen blacked out about 20 times

This is a worthless graph. Giving me temps is not this hard.

Did you DDU old drivers and clean install new ones? Third time I'm telling you now.

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

27 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

This is a worthless graph. Giving me temps is not this hard.

I'm sorry, but could you then specify what kind of temps you want or how you want them? I'm working on the DDU part, but i am maybe a bit careful about doing it