Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Looking for live stream software

Go to solution Solved by wall03,
3 minutes ago, zogthegreat said:

Hi everyone!

So like most intelligent people, I've been self isolating for the last few months and I've started going stir crazy. At the same time, I've been in a battle with pigeons that want to nest on my balcony. I finally gave up and made a box for them to nest in, this way I'm not finding eggs all over the place. When I built the box, I installed some cheap webcams and I'm using the trial version of Security Monitor Pro to monitor:

https://www.deskshare.com/video-surveillance-software.aspx

I would like to do a live stream of the cameras for my kids, (OK, they are in their 30's, but they are still my babies!). I'm agnostic when it comes to operating systems, so I can setup a machine with whatever OS is needed. Having said that, I tend to lean towards Linux and I would prefer something that's open source. I also have a dynamic DNS, so getting the stream online isn't an issue.

So, any suggestions on how to live stream my project?

Thanks!

zog

OBS should be fine. It captures something and sends out a stream to YouTube or whatever.

Hi everyone!

So like most intelligent people, I've been self isolating for the last few months and I've started going stir crazy. At the same time, I've been in a battle with pigeons that want to nest on my balcony. I finally gave up and made a box for them to nest in, this way I'm not finding eggs all over the place. When I built the box, I installed some cheap webcams and I'm using the trial version of Security Monitor Pro to monitor:

I would like to do a live stream of the cameras for my kids, (OK, they are in their 30's, but they are still my babies!). I'm agnostic when it comes to operating systems, so I can setup a machine with whatever OS is needed. Having said that, I tend to lean towards Linux and I would prefer something that's open source. I also have a dynamic DNS, so getting the stream online isn't an issue.

Thanks!

zog

3 minutes ago, zogthegreat said:

Hi everyone!

Thanks!

zog

OBS should be fine. It captures something and sends out a stream to YouTube or whatever.

please quote me or tag me @wall03 so i can see your response

motherboard buying guide      psu buying guide      pc building guide     privacy guide

ltt meme thread

folding at home stats

pc:

Spoiler

laptop: macbook air 13.3”

Spoiler

RAM: 4GB 1333MHz

CPU: Intel Core i5 2557M

SSD: 128GB

desktop: operation badger

Spoiler

RAM: 16GB DDR4-3200 CL-16

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.6GHz

SSD: 256GB

GPU: Radeon RX 570 8GB OC

Cinebench R23 score: 9097 (multi) 1236 (single)

Temps: CPU idle 45C, load 78C, top 85C. GPU idle 50C, load ~77C.

don't some things look better when they are lowercase?

-wall03