Speeding up Pi? [Network Sharing]

cluelessgenius

so i have:

1 x Raspberry Pi 3B (non +) running OctoPrint

1 x Win10 Notebook running all my smart home stuff (server)

1x AVM Fritz 6490 Cable Router

the pi and  server unfortunatly have to stay in my storage room with no way of running ethernet there.

now lately im having a lot of issues accessing the interface on the pi and i though of maybe speeding things up?

the pi is accessed from a lot of machines on and off the network potentially but mostly mainly feeds the camera feed to the server for processing through spaghetti detective.

so i thought if i hooked up the pi to the server via ethernet and then shared the wifi connection with the ethernet one i could effectively route traffic to the pi through the server on 5Ghz and eliminate the detective camera on the wifi completely.

my question is:

will the pi get its ip from the router like before or from the server and require port forwarding?

will the server still go through the router with requests directed at the pi or go directly through ethernet cable?

im really a complete novice when it comes to network stuff and have no idea how network sharing under windows 10 works. only that its supposed to be possible.

thanks in advance for any help you can offer, guys :)

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.dc8a2f456c11fe0a5bcf7af1a71aa5de.png

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

40 minutes ago, cluelessgenius said:

the pi and  server unfortunately have to stay in my storage room with no way of running Ethernet there.

why not?

Can you install a wifi extender?

please quote me or tag me @wall03 so i can see your response

motherboard buying guide      psu buying guide      pc building guide     privacy guide

ltt meme thread

folding at home stats

pc:

RAM: 16GB DDR4-3200 CL-16

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.6GHz

SSD: 256GB SP

GPU: Radeon RX 570 8GB OC

Cinebench R23 score: 9097 (multi) 1236 (single)

don't some things look better when they are lowercase?

-wall03

hello dark mode users

goodbye light mode users

18 hours ago, wall03 said:

why not?

Can you install a wifi extender?

the storage room is on the other side of the apartment. theres just no way for cables.

i dont think a wifi extender is needed i think there too much goin on on my wifi and i need to reduce the number of devices on there. at least thats my theory.

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3