2x R9 290 mining

Hi guys! I'll be ordering my parts soon and decided to switch things around a bit due to things happening in my personal life.

I was planning on watercooling my pc first, with only 1 R9 290 and then buying another one in summer. I've decided to swap things around now, get 2 R9 290's first and then start buying watercooling parts. 

Now I'm curious, will the heat produced by 2x R9 290's be too high for just an air cooled system? Would I be better of with my original idea? I know I won't get rich by mining, but I could use the extra pocket money.

Would be buying the MSI R9 290's.

All advice is appreciated!

It is said, that civilised man seeks out good and intelligent company, so that through learned discourse he may rise above the savage and closer to God. Personally, however, I like to start the day with a total dickhead to remind me I'm best! 

I have two xfx 290's and they're just fine as long as i don't overclock them heavily, but i recommend having some good airflow in the case :)

I have an msi 290 and I also use it to mine, for some reason mine does not want to go above 500-600khs but is is silent! My mining app claims 880kh/s but my amount of litecoins is less. The twin frozer msi is great! I highly recommend it!

Desk: monitors 3x Asus VE248h(eyefinity), Keyboard Cm Strom Trigger(mx red), Mouse Corsair m65, Headset Audio Technica ATH-M50

Black Friday 2013 Build: i7 4770k, Gigabyte Z87X UD5H, 16gb Corsair, Msi R9 290, Corsair Axi 760, Corsair 750D, 2x intel 530 240gb ssd, 2x Seagate 400gb

Older Machine amd x640, msi 760g mobo, 8gb gskillz, Sapphire 6870, Corsair hx650, Cooler master haf 922, ocz agility 3 120gb ssd || HTPC: i7 3770k, shuttle xpc z77, 16gb gskillz, Asus GTX 650 ti, intel 120gb msata ssd

I'd be running them 24/7 most likely. Electricity is cheap where I live. I'm not worried about the gains, I'm more worried about the temperatures.

It is said, that civilised man seeks out good and intelligent company, so that through learned discourse he may rise above the savage and closer to God. Personally, however, I like to start the day with a total dickhead to remind me I'm best! 

Hi guys! I'll be ordering my parts soon and decided to switch things around a bit due to things happening in my personal life.

I was planning on watercooling my pc first, with only 1 R9 290 and then buying another one in summer. I've decided to swap things around now, get 2 R9 290's first and then start buying watercooling parts. 

Now I'm curious, will the heat produced by 2x R9 290's be too high for just an air cooled system? Would I be better of with my original idea? I know I won't get rich by mining, but I could use the extra pocket money.

Would be buying the MSI R9 290's.

All advice is appreciated!

Just don't build it in a computer case, keep gpus apart from eachother and boost the fan profile a bit and you'll be fine. If you want to be finer, open a window over your rig or use AC and/or blow some air over the rig with a fan.

Spoiler

Just don't build it in a computer case, keep gpus apart from eachother and boost the fan profile a bit and you'll be fine. If you want to be finer, open a window over your rig or use AC and/or blow some air over the rig with a fan.

Ya USB risers are good for this to separate each card from one another to decrease temps and just blowing a window fan or something on it is a pretty easy and cheap solution.

CPU: Intel i5 3570k @4200 | Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V LK | RAM: 8gb Crucial Ballistix @1600 | GPU: Evga GTX 660 TI x2 SLI | Case: Corsair C70 | Storage: WD Black 1TB, Samsung 830 126GB SSD, Kingston V300 120GB SSD | PSU: Corsair HX850 | Display(s): ASUS 2ms 24inch 1920x1080 | Cooling: Corsair H100i | Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 13 | Mouse: Razer Naga 13